News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1953 Cadillac DeVille WIRE HARNESS

Started by KINGkev, October 25, 2018, 09:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KINGkev

So im looking at the wire harness on my 53 DeVille and its trash.. does anyone know where I can find a OE wire harness or im I going to have to go with a universal aftermarket style kit. thanks KEVIN from MD
1953 Cadillac DeVille

Daryl Chesterman

Be prepared to pay a lot for original fit harnesses!  I just Googled "classic car wiring harness" and found quite a few places that do OEM harnesses.

https://www.ynzyesterdaysparts.com/catalog/

http://www.narragansettreproductions.com/wiring-harness.html

http://www.riwire.com/

I'm sure others, who have done complete restorations, will chime in and tell you who they bought their harness from.

Daryl Chesterman

Quentin Hall

I’ve used both these brands on 53 restos. As I’m in Australia I used a Melbourne company and they did a very good job with woven cloth etc for 1/2 the price is nice the exchange and shipping was calculated.
If you are in USA it can work in your favour to buy from Oz cos your currency is stronger.
A mates dad also does them in Perth and was making a 53 Eldo harness. He sent me harness pics last week but I’ve lost them on my ph somewhere .
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

KINGkev

THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE INFO ILL BE LOOKING INTO IT.
1953 Cadillac DeVille

benx13

Quote from: Quentin Hall on October 27, 2018, 03:56:17 PM
I’ve used both these brands on 53 restos. As I’m in Australia I used a Melbourne company and they did a very good job with woven cloth etc for 1/2 the price is nice the exchange and shipping was calculated.
If you are in USA it can work in your favour to buy from Oz cos your currency is stronger.
A mates dad also does them in Perth and was making a 53 Eldo harness. He sent me harness pics last week but I’ve lost them on my ph somewhere .

Hey bud
I’m in New Zealand and interested in getting a wiring harness. Could you get this guys details for me ? For my ‘51
Cheers
1951 Series 62 - Under restoration

bullet bob

I just had my '53 CDV done. OEM type wiring was ~ $1300 - $1400. My 'car guy' suggested Kwik Wire. $350. Went with them and the 'car guy' installed it. Front headlight to tail-lights.
I'd like to say everything's perfect again, but the darn thing just died bringing it back home. Think a wires' just come off somewhere, but I'm not blaming that on the wiring kit.
Honda Goldwing 1800  "I don't need no stinkin' map, I've still got gas"