News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'62 Cadillac convertible: Pinchweld Molding Clips

Started by 6262, October 23, 2018, 04:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have found two vendors which offer the clips that attach the pinchweld molding to the body.

However, they look very different! Which one is closer to the clip originally used?

Thanks in advance!

1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

I have considered this common knowledge among convertible owners?

On my car some previous owner has found a makeshift solution back in the 1980s but I would like to correct this.
1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

Last try.... I am sure someone knows this. Thanks.
1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

savemy67

Hello Nils,

I have seen both style clips listed for GM convertibles for different years.  Since I do not own a '62 convertible, and I don't know anyone who has one, perhaps you can purchase both styles, but check with the seller to make sure you can return the clips that do not work.  Good luck.

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop

Hello Christopher,

thanks. Ordering both is no good option when you order from outside the US. With taxes, customs and shipping the price of the clips easily doubles. It is all lost even even if the vendor would refund the expensive shipping costs when returning the item.

I think I will go with the Swedish clips, although they are expensive. But inside the European Union I do not have to pay any additional taxes or customs and TAmotors has a very good reputation. Moreover, these clips look similar to pinchweld molding clips of other GM brands. If no one knows for sure which are correct this seems to be the more logical decision.

Nils

1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville

1962 Cadillac Series 62
1965 Pontiac Bonneville