News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

49 Cadillac carburetors problem

Started by Jan Egil, March 07, 2019, 02:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Egil

Does anyone have a detailed drawing of carburetors for a 1949 Cadillac?

Jeff Maltby 4194

This what your looking for ?
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

Jan Egil

Need pictures over how to mount it, is something that is not right in the small chamber at the top of the carburetor

Jay Friedman

I have a service manual for it with photos.  However, it is not in electronic form.  I would have to photocopy it and send it to you by postal mail.  Send my your postal address at jaysfriedman@yahoo.com and I'll mail you a copy. 

Also, if you sent me a photo showing your problem in the small chamber at the top of the carburetor I may be able to explain what needs to be done.  To do this, I would need to know if your carburetor is an "early" or "late" 1949 type, as the parts under the cover of the small chamber of the 2 types are different.  Held on to one of the screws which attach the top part of the carburetor there should have been a small triangular brass plate with a number on it.  This number should be 682 if it is an early carburetor and 722 if it is a late type.  Let me know which number it is (if your carburetor still has the brass plate).
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Jan Egil

The carburetor is 722S

Jay Friedman

Quote from: Jan Egil on March 07, 2019, 04:07:39 PM
Need pictures over how to mount it, is something that is not right in the small chamber at the top of the carburetor

Jan,

That's good as the 722S is easier to deal with.  I received your email and will reply later today.  I can see in the photos that the spring that holds the metering rods is not installed.

1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."