News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

need help finding or fabricating 1957 1958 convertible topframe crossbars

Started by mirrormatic, February 23, 2019, 11:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirrormatic

any leads on used ones I can buy...other years, or makes that may be same or similar...someone who can fabricate ……...or I can borrow from to have fabricated?
thanks
Charlie
dualghia@hotmail.com
calif
charles marshall

35-709

Can't say from direct experience or certain knowledge but I would think the Buick and Olds crossbows of the same years would fit, maybe Pontiac also.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

fishnjim

Check around online in CA, there's some long time top shops that probably can help and you probably need the top covering also.   You're more apt to find out there or Fla anyway.
If no one has parts on here, I'd say they're a bit too scarce and have to be made and apparently you dont; have enough left to wing it...
Convs don't come up that often in those years.   Last parts car I saw was in the big TX auction.   There's a concours '58 CVD conv going up soon, I posted on here.  Maybe can get some info from them. 
Otherwise, you have find one done and go get dimensions, but you're not the first, so do the leg work, beat the bushes, and ask around.   

59-in-pieces

Jim, (assumed from "J")
I don't know where U R - no location in your profile.
Contact Quentin Hall - a member.
He made some convrt stuff for my 47 - gr8 fabricator.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

TonyZappone #2624

Buick Super and Roadmaster are C Body cars.  Olds 98 in 57 and 58 I am pretty sure is an extended B Body cars.  C body cars should be the same.  Check it out
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Carl Schreiber

Charles -

I did recently spot a guy on eBay who was repro'ing header bows for 57/58.  They looked correct and very nice.  Seems to be the part most likely to need replacement. HTH, Carl