News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

nice 60 eldo biarritz @ barrett for $ 38500 incl fees

Started by wrefakis, April 17, 2019, 02:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrench

Quote from: INTMD8 on April 22, 2019, 11:47:52 AM
I would think anyone that spent 10 minutes reading a service manual could accomplish this, it's just too easy.

If that somehow caused the demise of the hobby and prices crash, fine by me. I have some garage space to fill  ;D

Well, I run into 'a bolt is a bolt and a wrench is a wrench and a mechanic is a mechanic' 'just read the manual and anyone can do it' mentality folks a lot.

If what you said is true then the raison d'etre of this forum is not valid. The response to every posted question would be 'read the manual', which is, of course a frequent and frustrating response here.

I am not engaging you or anyone else in disagreement on the matter, but I am a subject matter expert on mechanics, mechanic training and mechanic experience and the current state of affairs of this subject and if you think you will be able to legally operate an 'old car' in the near future (I said 20 years in my post), I would point to the experience of the Amish and the Mennonites as they try to coexist with their wooden wagon wheels and horses in a world of technologically sophisticated vehicles.

Lol, After I posted this I read the topic about Laurie trying to change her oil. I rest my case.
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

INTMD8

What I mean is, someone inclined to put forth the effort has, easily, the resources needed to do so.

There will always be someone who asks the forum before trying to figure it out for themselves. Others will try to figure it out for themselves before asking the forum.  That doesn't change the raison d'etre of this forum.

Mennonites coexist just fine with headlights, taillights, turn signals.  Still only one horsepower I think  ;D

veesixteen

Quote from: wrefakis on April 17, 2019, 02:03:45 PM
look at 76 and 78 prices also average to nice cars light on the $

Interior trim is non-original. Is it leather?
Missing decorative seat, seat back and door panel "buttons".

Still, nice for that price!
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

TonyZappone #2624

I watched this car run.  I did not examine it closely, but it sure looked good going by.   I believe the world of classics is a Swedish collection that had many cars at this sale..  I too thought "our" cars were not bringing the sort of money they should bring
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Scot Minesinger

Wrench,

I agree with you, and neither of us really like this thought, but yes about 20 years tops.  I'm not in it for the money, so that is OK. 

Laurie could be coached and change her oil by herself I'm sure.  I get where you are on this, it is not so easy to just read the manual and get out your wrench, or everyone would do it. 

My experience is that we will see more nice cars sell for lower prices.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

Chuck Patton

Ladies & gentlemen

There is an old apophthegm we Appraisers use:
One sale is a fluke
Two sales is a trend
Three sales is market

Until this occurs it is just a fluke.
Appraiser-Broker-Consultant
Past CLC National Board Director
Past CLCMRC Director
Past CLC Motor City Region President
CLC 1959-60 Cadillac Chapter Director
CLC Life Member #23147

60eldo

I would have bought that car at that price in a millisecond,,,maybe its a misprint
Jon. Kluczynski

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Chuck Patton on April 23, 2019, 08:10:43 PM
Ladies & gentlemen

There is an old apophthegm we Appraisers use:
One sale is a fluke
Two sales is a trend
Three sales is market

Until this occurs it is just a fluke.

I'll have to remember that one.  8)
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

wrefakis