News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Heat Riser Tube 1960

Started by oregonjam, May 03, 2019, 01:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oregonjam

Hello,

I am in need of bending a correct heat riser tube from the passenger side exhasut manifold to the carb. Can someone share photos of the front view and side view so I have something to go by? I haven't seen this part for sale so if you know of a resource let me know otherwise I will make one with reference images when found.

thank you for all of your help!
John
Cheers,
John Miller

1960 Series 62 Coupe
1954 Oldsmobile Rocket 88
1968 Camaro SS
1968 C10 SWB Pickup
1976 Bronco Sport

Daryl Chesterman

There is one for a Carter AFB carburetor on Caddy Daddy.

https://www.caddydaddy.com/shop-parts.html?cat=170&prod_year=494

Scroll down about 2/3 of the page to see the tube on the above website.

Classic tube shows one for a Rochester carburetor, but they are saying Rochester WCFB carburetor, which is not correct!!!  Carter is WCFB and is for older applications.  It would be worth a call to them to clarify, and maybe they could send you pictures to see if it is the correct one for your application.

http://now.youturnpub.com/books/lfjx/#p=12

Daryl Chesterman

paulkersey

1960 Fleetwood. Rochester.
J. Wicks # 19583

quadfins

OPGI lists them in the latest catalog, page 128. $24.95

Jim
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

gkhashem

The one shown on the 1960 Fleetwood Rochester does not quite look like stock from what i can see.

I am sure it works, but the OPGI has the correctly shaped one.

Sorry for the lack of a straight on shot, but look at the OPGI one and you can see the difference between the Carter and the Rochester.

The original seems to have a 90 degree bend just before the fitting where it screws into the carburetor thermostat coil housing.

1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)