News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Seeking Garage Inspiration- share your garage photos!

Started by CadillacMatt, August 13, 2019, 07:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savemy67

Hello all,

From the sublime to the ridiculous.

I live in a Baltimore County, MD rowhouse.  Built into the basement level is a one-car garage.  This type of construction is fairly typical of rowhouse construction during the inter-war years in a few East Coast cities.

Needless to say, my car does not fit.  In yonder garage is a 60 gallon single-stage compressor, MIG welder, abrasive cabinet, 20 ton press, 6 inch grinder, tool chests, 8 foot work bench, 2 ton floor jack, a pair of 6 ton jack stands, more than 100 feet of shelving, a 500 pound capacity industrial cart, 5 Cadillac automatic transmissions, 2 three speed overdrive transmissions,  cases of brake clean, spray paint, countless other cans of paint, lube, etc, and more than 75% of all the hand and power tools known to mankind.

I may not be able to find something immediately, but i know its around here somewhere :)

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop

Brett Baird

Only holds 3 cars, but I do have posters on the wall for each of the 9 Grand Nationals I have attended since 2001, so I have that going for me.
B Baird
'41 Fleetwood 60 S  http://bit.ly/1jwgEWm
'59 Sedan DeVille 6339 "Flat-top"  http://bit.ly/1jwgUF1

76eldo

I lived in a townhouse with a one car garage and managed to do engine overhauls and clutch jobs when I was a teenager.  That was my mother's house.  When I got married we bought the same model house a few blocks away and I also did a lot of restoration work in that garage.

You have to make the best out of what you have. 

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

harry s

I have an 1800 sq ft (30'x60') garage that contains way too much stuff. Here's a shot of some of the "wall art" in one of the corners.     Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

rwchatham CLC 21892

Brian you are absolutely correct . I remember growing up in southwest Detroit  in 2 car wood garage stripping corvettes with  thinner while heating the place with a torpedo heater Lol. But man we had some fun back then .
R. Waligora

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Really nice guys. I REALLY wish I had a lift.

I know this isn't what this thread was about but I figured I would post it anyway.
We just have a standard 2car at home. We keep the 55 at home and the other side is for my wife's car. Nothing fancy there other than a nice big drip pan for the transmission.

The 70 we keep on the corner of the hanger. That normally works but it flooded badly this year. Don't worry, we got it out  but it has been displaced for a couple of months. It has been filling up dad's garage.
Jeff

Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

novetti

Some from mine.

Still doing ''dirty work'' panelbeating spraying etc and the plans are to epoxy coat after I finish those in my projects...
Some photos from the build and concrete.

Ray can you see the 58' Continental ? :)
54' Iris Blue (Preservation)
54' Cabot Gray (Restoration)
58' Lincoln Continental Convertible (Restoration)
58' Ford Skyliner (Preservation)

rwchatham CLC 21892

Julio , looking good , I can definitely see the Lincoln in that beautiful color !
R. Waligora

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: 76eldo on August 14, 2019, 09:39:29 AM
Beautiful!!

The guy that built my garage insisted on doing the concrete floor and did a terrible job. He ordered too much concrete and didn’t have enough help to work it properly. The result was not good.
In order to get the floor smooth he brought in a floor grinding machine and smoothed it down but that took off the very hard top surface.  I lived with a dusty floor for years even though we tried to seal it.  The Racedeck floor hides all of that and I laid down heavy commercial weed blocker fabric as an underpayment and to block the dust. Seems to be working quite well.  Brian   
With both my garages, to control the inevitable dusting of the finished concrete surface, I used a product called Diamite to cover the floor, and then following instructions, wash off the excess.
https://www.integralsystems.com.au/floor-paints-systems/concrete-hardeners-densifiers

This stuff applies a "case hardening" to the surface, and no dusting.

The first job I did on the first garage floor was an Auto Transmission removal, using my jack stands and trolley jack, and yes, the rotten Torque Converter fell off as the jack tilted, and transmission fluid went everywhere.   I cleaned up the mess and spread some sand that was residue from sandblasting (really fine grade) and the next day, there was no visible signs of the "accident".

With my latest Garage, I also included colouring, plus Carborundum grit in the final surface to harden up surface, and heavier gritting where the benches were going to be.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Quote from: z3skybolt on August 14, 2019, 10:29:47 PM
My "garage/hangar and carport" pictures would be an embarrassment.

Uh, no-- See our hanger/garage picture above. I guarantee it can't be more embarrassing than ours!!
Fly safe
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

D.Yaros

Here is my car barn
Dave Yaros
CLC #25195
55 Coupe de Ville
92 Allante
62 Olds  

You will find me on the web @:
http://GDYNets.atwebpages.com  -Dave's Den
http://graylady.atwebpages.com -'55 CDV site
http://www.freewebs.com/jeandaveyaros  -Saved 62 (Oldsmobile) Web Site
The home of Car Collector Chronicles.  A  monthly GDYNets newsletter focusing on classic car collecting.
http://www.scribd.com/D_Yaros/

Cadillac Slim

Not sure where the lines of Garage or Shop Cross...
This is my slice of Heaven...
1938 Lasalle - Sold
1940 Lasalle Conv. - Sold
1947 Series 61 Sedanette
1953 Coupe De Ville
1957 Coupe De Ville
1959 Series 62 2 Door
1960 Coupe De Ville
1964 Eldorado
1964 Coupe De Ville - Sold
1966 Coupe De Ville
1968 Conv. - Sold
1984 Eldorado Biarritz Conv. - Sold
2003 Deville - Sold
2004 Seville

gkhashem

Not sure how to top the last one, but here goes.

36' x 44', three 9 ' doors, middle rear center opening for lift.

Upstairs to store parts, heated by 2 propane furnaces.  Well insulated and all trimmed out.

I can store 7 cars with the lift.

Internet available too.

Last shot from door from above looking down.  As meatloaf said 2 out of three ain't bad. But the third one is my favorite. (The 98 is my favorite)

1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

Big Fins

I see nothing wrong with a '98'. They were as luxurious as any Cadillac. Don't sell it short.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Bobby B

Quote from: Jeff Wilk on August 14, 2019, 07:08:11 PM
Mines a work in progress. Outside done as is interior sheetrock and commercial grade epoxy flooring and two lifts. One bay has 16’ ceiling to accommodate a ‘30’s height car being fully raised. 2nd floor is for storage and my business office space. Total sf approx 3,000sf. First picture is before and second after a year and a half.

Jeff,
  Nice detail work on your Garage. As we both know, Property and Taxes are at a premium in NJ. Some beautiful Shops/Garages posted. I'm curious if some of the larger garages are actually a full time "Business'" not just a Hobby........
                                                                      Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH