News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1968 DeVille questions

Started by C. Jones, October 03, 2019, 05:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Jones

I'm new to the site and had couple questions about a 1968 DeVille convertible I purchased. Belonged to my sons best friends grandfather, he passed in 2012 and car sat in garage, started and moved around occasionally. I bought the car thinking it would be fun to clean up and drive as is. Had a 63 Coupe DeVille I shouldn't have let go....A friend of mine stopped to look at the car and got excited because it has factory bucket seats and console, was this really that rare of an option?

wrefakis

there are no production records, but they are scarce

Bobby B

Quote from: C. Jones on October 03, 2019, 05:06:57 PM
I'm new to the site and had couple questions about a 1968 DeVille convertible I purchased. Belonged to my sons best friends grandfather, he passed in 2012 and car sat in garage, started and moved around occasionally. I bought the car thinking it would be fun to clean up and drive as is. Had a 63 Coupe DeVille I shouldn't have let go....A friend of mine stopped to look at the car and got excited because it has factory bucket seats and console, was this really that rare of an option?

How about some pictures?  ;)
                  Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Cadillac Fleetwood

Bucket seats with center console were a scarce RPO (regular production option) on the DeVille convertible and Coupe DeVille.  They were offered in four combinations: black (code 351); white with black trim (code 352) antique sandalwood (code 382) and red (code 388).  The option cost about $184, and included a passenger-side recliner.  Buckets were also available as a "special order" on the hardtop Sedan DeVille.

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Quote from: Bobby B on October 03, 2019, 07:28:06 PM
How about some pictures?  ;)
                  Bobby
Yep. It's your 1st post. No help without pictures😉
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

C. Jones

C. Jones

C. Jones

C. Jones

C. Jones

Highwayman68

That car is in nice shape, good grab!
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

Bill Young

Interesting 1968. Was it born in Code 48 San Mateo Red with a Code 382-B Sandalwood interior with bucket Seats and Console with Code 1 white top . What does the body plate say?

Bobby B

Quote from: Highwayman68 on October 04, 2019, 01:40:38 PM
That car is in nice shape, good grab!

Yeah, I Agree! Buy of the Week.  ;) ........ Good luck!
                                          Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

cadillacmike68

Very Nice.

I notice you have power locks. I wish my DVC had those. I can't even See the passenger side door lock, let alone reach over and lock / unlock it.  :-[

If that's the original paint, I would not mess with it.

Buckets were not offered in dark blue so my DVC has the bench. But the seatbacks look like buckets and they are more substantial than the bucket seatbacks. The center console is also a nice addition but I prefer the higher sitting folding center armrest.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

J. Skelly

the '68 deVille was the last available with bucket seats
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)