News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

"New" to me '53 series 62

Started by Brett S, September 24, 2019, 01:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Fins

I'd say without a doubt that the coil is still the one that came on the car new.  ;)  Just a normal points and condenser system. The coil even had the resistor wire going to it.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Cadillac Fleetwood

Quote from: Brett S on September 27, 2019, 11:04:21 AM
What is the first picture? It say "inlet" on the top hard line.

That's the oil filter. There is a replaceable oil filter cartridge/element inside.

Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

gene harl

When  I was building my 51 , I found  the hyds. on it all shot and about $3000 to repair or replace ,, so off to the wrecking yard  I went and for less than 100 I got 4 elect windows out of some rice burner....married the elect to the hyds ,, been working great for about 5 years now,,,, if you want pictures, send me your email address ....
   Gene Harl     CLC22406      rgeneharlemail addresses not permitted

35-709

If that were an HEI the difference would be obvious and there would be no visible coil, that would be in the HEI cap.  The HEI distributor is much bigger.  If it has been converted to Pertronix just removing the cap will tell you that, there will be no points.  The distributor, cap and coil would be as original with Pertronix, the difference is the components inside .
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

mario

www.davessmallbodyheis.com

Very impressive conversion. Not cheap. Over 10 trouble free years of use on my 500 point dizzy.
Ciao,
Mario caimotto

wrench

Quote from: mario on September 27, 2019, 09:11:00 PM
www.davessmallbodyheis.com

Very impressive conversion. Not cheap. Over 10 trouble free years of use on my 500 point dizzy.
Ciao,
Mario caimotto

Great info, but in reviewing the website, unfortunately Dave got bitten by ‘a venomous arachnid’ and is pessimistic about his ability to continue...

If you are in the least bit squeamish, do not look at the pics of his hand in the gallery.

It is a very serious condition. I can understand his pessimism.
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

Brett S

I've been doing some research and have found that the newer Dodge Challengers use a hydro-electric pump for the power steering. From what I've seen online it's a newer version of the 50's Caddy. There's and Inlet and Outlet port on the Challenger. Think this could be used to replace the Caddy hydro-electric ?
Brett Samanns

Brett S

Well the motor seems to be locked up. I've got the cylinders filled with ATF now hoping it will break lose. If not, I'll be looking for another 331 before I make the LS plunge...
Brett Samanns