News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

472 decal on a 1970 Coupe Deville

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, December 21, 2019, 06:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Bill Balkie 24172 on December 25, 2019, 11:20:57 AM
Hello and Merry Christmas ,
      This has nothing to do with the decal . But is does have something to do with the Cadillac 472 and 500 engine . I was I Florida both on the east coast and west coast over the past year and went into the Everglades on a Airboat . Both trips featured the Cadillac 472 and 500 engines . Direct drive no transmission. I question the drivers and they all agree that the Cadillac engines both 472 and 500 are the most dependable  easy starting  and most powerful engine for air boats . The only problem is because they are direct drive they do not have reverse . I asked the guy about  the supply of these motors and what they do is keep a close eye on rust bucket cars with good engines and always checking the salvage yards .

Bill

The Cadillac 472 / 500 engine had been a favorite of air boat owners for over 30 years.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Laurie,
I did not see anything insulting in pointing out the differences in spelling for words as in Jail/Gaol, tons/tonnes, and  a lot more.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: "Cadillac Kid"  Greg Surfas 15364 on December 27, 2019, 12:18:04 AM
Laurie,
I did not see anything insulting in pointing out the differences in spelling for words as in Jail/Gaol, tons/tonnes, and  a lot more.
Greg Surfas

litre/liter/light her
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

wrefakis

the reason for no decal is simple and Brian touched on it
all thru the decade of the cubic inch and power ratings race Cadillac trailed imperial and Lincoln
the 472 was the first totally new Cadillac engine in decades
the 472 was written up in all the press as the most powerful (torque) and largest by displacement passenger car engine ever
68 and 69 had this distinction
70 Deville did not
as 500 took the lead as proclaimed by the 8.2 plaque on grille

note Cadillac never had engine size decal prior to this

happy holidays