News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

WTB 37 LaSalle Opera Coupe front springs.

Started by bpowell, December 24, 2019, 02:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpowell

Looking for not rusty coils for my 37-50.  I understand probably weak-but so are my rears.

Thanks BP

carlhungness

I think fellow member Rich Iannelli purchased new springs for the rear of his '37. With all of the race car spring makers out there, I'd check with some of them to see if you can have new springs wound.  I have a '37  Coupe but no extra springs.

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

harry s

I bought a pair for my 1941 67 Series from Eaton. They had them on the shelf at a very reasonable price. With shipping less than $300.      Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

bpowell

Thanks for the advice.

I did get new stock height springs from Eaton about 2 years ago. I finally got the car together-some of you know how that goes-and the springs I got are too strong. The free length is right, but when installed they compress the rebound bumpers.

I was looking for originals to compare to what I have.  I'm going to call Eaton and see what they think.

Thanks,

BP

threadman

I have a new set of the rear springs I had made by eaton for sale,I paid 650,will sell for 350 plus shipping

carlhungness

You and I have spoken or e mailed previously about some bumper guards you have that I would like to purchase so appreciate it if you'd e mail me at carlhungness@frontier.com or 812 273-2472. I cannot locate your e mail address but I also think you're the man whom I want to upholster my car.
Thanks, Carl Hungness

bpowell

Hi Carl,

I'm sorry, but I am not the person you are looking for.

I am very certain you do not want me upholstering your car.

carlhungness

My note was directed to Threadman, and must have got your address..