News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1961 Delco Moraine master cylinder

Started by Matt 12861, February 04, 2020, 12:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt 12861

Does anyone know the dimensions of the piston gage J8531?  How tough is this to rebuild?   I thought it was a self contained unit I took it off (then I got the manual out).
thanks,
Matt Givler
Matt Givler #12861

fishnjim

You can buy a rebuilt for $50-60, so why bother?   Cost about that for a rebuild kit.
All depends how nasty the cylinder is.   If needs resleeved or not - just honed.

62 driver

Are you going to upgrade to a 2 reservoir system? It would be safer and now is the time.   
Dave Schneider,  CLC #27889

Matt 12861

I've been thinking about going to a dual cylinder.  How tough is the upgrade?  is there a bolt in part available?  Looking at master cylinders online, some of the ones that say they fit don't look like the Moraine or Bendix ones in the manual. 
Matt Givler #12861

Matt 12861

OK, I got my rebuild kit in the mail.  Cleaned up the master cylinder, looks ok to use again.  All I need is the dimensions of the J8531 piston gage tool.  Does any one have one they could measure and post the dimensions?  It would help a lot!
thanks
Matt Givler
Matt Givler #12861

69Deville

1969 Cadillac Deville Convertible
1966 Cadillac Series 60 Fleetwood
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham-sold :(

Matt 12861

Matt Givler #12861