News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

WTB: Delco Bose Gold Series Amps

Started by smokuspollutus, May 05, 2020, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokuspollutus

Hi all, looking for a set of Delco-Bose Gold Series amps from either:

89-93 Coupe deVille /89-92 Fleetwood Coupe (must be from a 2-door model)
91-92 Allante

All Allantes had this system standard in the above mentioned years, with it being optional on the deVille and Fleetwood. I only need the amps, but will take the whole enclosure if that's the way them come. Would like to get a complete set of 4 in one shot. Working/non-working condition is not important, as they will be getting re-capped regardless.

Would prefer to buy via Paypal, but could work something out if that's not an option.

Thanks!

Anthony

gkhashem

My 1991 Eldorado has a Bose Gold system with a CD that was restored by me.

So why would not this fit also?
1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

smokuspollutus

George, the intended new home for the amps will be my 1984 Eldorado which has 4 4.5" Bose speakers, as does the Allante and Coupe deville.

The downsized Eldo/Seville Bose speakers are an oddball size in the front that allow them to sit in the door without protruding too much, and use 6x9's in the back. The amps will work but don't have the capacitors in the right place to drive the 4.5" properly.  Little too much bass in the back, and not quite enough in the fronts when coupled to 4.5" units.

smokuspollutus

Update, only searching for 91-92 Allante rear units at this point. Thanks so much

Anthony

smokuspollutus

Disregard; found what I needed. Thanks