News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1963 cadillac series 62 convertible rear speaker removal/replacement

Started by kkarrer, May 23, 2020, 05:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkarrer

Hello,
      I have the shop manual for my 63 convertible, but I think they left some steps out when it comes to removing/replacing the rear speaker.  If any of you guys have done this I'd appreciate some help.
Thanks,
Ken Karrer
CenTex CLD Reg. Dir.
512-626-7268
kenneth.karreremail addresses not permitted

Roger Zimmermann

That should be in the Fisher body manual. I assume that the rear seat must go out, cushion and back rest.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

fishnjim

kkarrer

Roger,
     Thanks.  As usual you are correct.  I just jumped to the numbered instructions without seeing the note about "accessed through the trunk." I'll put my glasses on next time.  I did get the radio out, though there's an omission regarding one retaining screw there.  And I was able to pull the front speaker from below which saved me from removing the dash cover.
All of this should sound so much better when the parts come in.  I'll get pictures and dimensions of the 32 grille out to you soon.
Take care,
Ken

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: kkarrer on May 25, 2020, 08:38:05 PM
Roger,
     Thanks.  As usual you are correct.  I just jumped to the numbered instructions without seeing the note about "accessed through the trunk." I'll put my glasses on next time.
  I'll get pictures and dimensions of the 32 grille out to you soon.

Ken, it was fishnjim who wrote about the access through the trunk. You need better glasses!
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

kkarrer

Roger and group,
    Wow, you're right.  I do need to wear those glasses when I'm in the shop.  Actually, the rear speaker of the convertibles CANNOT be accessed through the trunk and the shop manual is dead wrong with respect to getting at the speaker by "removing two screws... " I'm writing up the instructions now and will post them here and on the 63-64 forum.  Suffice it to say for now that the back seat must be removed as well as the little tack rivets that affix the convertible boot flap to the upholstery board at the upper part of the back seat and two hog rings as well...very interesting.
Take care,
Ken Karrer
CenTex CLC Reg. Dir.