News:

Please view the post in the Forum Support forum, it has a poll about making a dark mode (i.e. dark color screens instead of bright white) available. This can be of interest for those that access the forums from a mobile device as dark screens use less battery power. But we need to know whether enough people want this before investing the time to install an extra mode.

Main Menu

66 Fleetwood front vent window regulator gear

Started by scotth3886, June 15, 2020, 04:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotth3886

I need a pair vent window regulator gears for both sides.  Getting pretty well stripped with left side worse. 

Thanks
Scott

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

They were reproed  a few years ago. I don't remember who did it.
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Cadillac Fleetwood

They are still currently reproduced.  OPGI in California stocks them, as does USA Parts Supply in West Virginia, among others.

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

David Greenburg

At least as of a couple of months ago, OPGI actually had them in stock; I bough a pair. They fit and work correctly, although the slot where the gear bolts to the bottom of the window assembly is wider than the original.  I was afraid it might rattle, although I have not noticed it on the one I’ve installed so far.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

scotth3886

Cadillac Fleetwood

Scott,
The POWER vent window motor gears are in the OPGI catalogue.  They are for 1965 through 1968. Their catalogue numbers are CE 11612-LH, CE 11612-LH, and CE 11612-PR, for the right-hand side, left hand side, and the pair, respectively.
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

scotth3886

Quote from: Cadillac Fleetwood on June 15, 2020, 11:45:05 PM
Scott,
The POWER vent window motor gears are in the OPGI catalogue.  They are for 1965 through 1968. Their catalogue numbers are CE 11612-LH, CE 11612-LH, and CE 11612-PR, for the right-hand side, left hand side, and the pair, respectively.

Thanks.  I already told Ralph that I'd buy his as he has a RF and LR, I believe.  I still need a LF so these will give me an extra RF.  That's OK as I believe these are also correct for my 66 GP. 

Highwayman68

I ordered a pair from OPGI. The last time I rebuilt one of the vents the gear was stripped enough to keep it from being able to close tightly. I never even attempted to look for new ones thinking that was an item that no one was making. So glad I read this post and found out about this.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

scotth3886

Quote from: Highwayman68 on June 16, 2020, 06:42:54 PM
I ordered a pair from OPGI. The last time I rebuilt one of the vents the gear was stripped enough to keep it from being able to close tightly. I never even attempted to look for new ones thinking that was an item that no one was making. So glad I read this post and found out about this.

That's my issue, resulting in wind noise so I keep having to push it closed more tightly.  I bought a pair from Ralph and also ordered a pair from OPG

Highwayman68

Well as it turns out the left is on back order which is the one I need the most.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

scotth3886

Quote from: Highwayman68 on June 16, 2020, 10:02:07 PM
Well as it turns out the left is on back order which is the one I need the most.

Not on back order for long.  I'll live that long, but I do need it.