News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Engine Vibration-1957 Series 62-Rebuilt 365ci

Started by CORVAIRWILD, October 07, 2020, 03:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CORVAIRWILD

I just bot this 1957 series 62, the engine is reportedly rebuilt, and looks and runs like it is.  Unfortunately it vibrates at idle and somewhat goes away until about 40-50-60mph. It's really annoying,  just droning and droning on as I cruise along.

I'm a mechanic, so am familiar with the various causes of vibration... Defective torque converter or out of balance,  but its not the driveshaft or out of balance tire.

I'm going to ask the seller for the engine rebuild invoice

bctexas

I had a vibration in a small block Chevy once and finally tracked it down to a defective harmonic balancer, if you haven't already checked that.  From the parts book it looks like the '57 has one.....
1965 CDV
1970 SDV

CORVAIRWILD

I haven't looked, and the car is currently parked 300 miles away. I'll be able to look Sunday