News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

CUE screen repair Added Models covered

Started by fiftysixcaddy, October 25, 2020, 05:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiftysixcaddy

Was having issues with my CUE screen and dealer said it would be ~$800. So, I looked on-line and the replacement screen were $15-200. About 6 or 7 Youtube videos on how to replace them with approximately 2 hours(real time ~ 4 hrs). Bottom line in Chicago area found this guy and the price was worth a chance. 40 Min's. in and out $280 with screen price included. Highly recommended.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1251006378648175

The ad space changes as the he has to renew every 3 weeks search for "Cue Screen Repair" Ricky
These are which cars he repairs
2013-2017 Cadillac ATS
2014-2017 Cadillac CTS
2013-2016 Cadillac SRX
2013-2017 Cadillac XTS
2015-2019 Cadillac Escalade
2014-2016 Cadillac ELR
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Cadillac CUE Radio Touchscreen   ATS SRX CTS XTS

James Landi

Dan,  that's great news-- if one can avoid the dealer service, it's a big deal.  I've had some success with "reclaimed" expensive parts for my Cadillacs, but, alas, it's been a mix.  A couple of items were DOA, in spite of the sellers' claiming that the parts were checked out before my purchasing them.  Some of the "send the broken unit to us, and we;ll return it repaired" are also scammers, so your narrative about a local individual is heartening.  The good news is that some of the scammers get bad reviews on the inter net and that helps.  Owning a XLR and regularly reviewing the XLR web site is a study of this kind of success vs disappointment ratio. One can hope, that over time, a solid, honest business working on computer centric cars will develop, prosper, and help keep these cars on the road.   James