News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac Superior, Crown Royal Landaulet, 3-Way Hearse

Started by tankmanwfg@yahoo.com, January 27, 2021, 07:40:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tankmanwfg@yahoo.com

Question to all knowledgeable members: Help! Have just purchased a 59 Caddy Superior, Crown Royal Landaulet, 3-Way Hearse (with the big side doors for coffins). Can anyone tell me how many were made of this exact sub-model? Web info. out there suggests that Superior made about 300 Hearses, Hearse/Ambulances combinations total of all of their different models. But is there a breakdown of how many were made of each of Superior's individual sub-models, like for my new Crown Royal Landaulet. My car is supposed to be the much rarer deluxe model with the "Cathedral Style" of  a cloth tufted antique-looking interior, and not the more common simple slab-like side liner type of rear interior. Additionally my Hearse has the rare extra added option of the rear aluminum side skirts, like the 58 Brougham has. But perhaps on the cheap side, my car has no radio or options! Superior Hearse production data would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all: William Gasser

rsms

I would love to see a picture(s) of it.  Unfortunately I have no information to add to your quest.  Sounds like a interesting car

Gerard Zenklusen

Hello !

Congratuiations ! What a great car !  Join the PCS ,cool guys with very nice cars ! https://www.theprofessionalcarsociety.org/

Greetings Gérard  ( Member CLC and PCS )

1958 Coupe De Ville
1992 Fleetwood Sixty Special

tankmanwfg@yahoo.com

Thanks so much for the posting of the picture of an advertisement(?) for the 59 Caddy Superior Hearse. The information in the pic. was of much interest. If any CLC members have any additional data/production figures, or any other data that applies to all 59 Caddy Hearse sub-manufactures (coachbuilders, such as M&M, S&S, Hess & Eisen.), it would be of great interest. I just bought a 59 Caddy Superior Hearse and will have it delivered next week. Any data I gather on 59 Caddy Hearses will be passed on by me to this club for it's data base. After the car arrives I will post pictures of it on this forum, if any members request such. I'm a very new member and would like to talk 59 Caddy-talk with any members out there. My collection of cars is small, but rather cool at: 1959 Red Caddy 62 Convertible (frame off resto., magazine, calendar, bill board, car, once owned by the famous TV star John Schneider "Bo Duke" of "Dukes Of Hazzard" fame, next a 1959 Black Caddy Coupe de` Ville (88% resto. rod), next a 1964 White Lincoln Continental Suicide Door Convertible (85% resto. rod), next a 1958 Black Caddy Eldorado Brougham (88%, 21,000 mi. original, some vanity kit items, body no. 622), and last but not least, a 1955 Red & White Ford Fairlane Crown Victoria Skyliner "Glass-Top", (85% rest. rod, is an original 64B code car). Thanks again to all members  :) William Gasser, member no. 33035

Gerard Zenklusen

I think your collection is amazing !!!

Hope to see pictures from your 59 Hearse soon!

Greetings Gérard

1958 Coupe De Ville
1992 Fleetwood Sixty Special