News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

WTB 1955 starter motor for parts

Started by Bronze, February 22, 2021, 02:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronze

1955 starter wanted, condition is not important, Only thing that has to be ok is the Bendix cog wheel. Max 100 USD.
Europe would be best regarding shipping.

/Martin

M. Bankes

Hi,
I have a few here, as you know they are heavy so shipping will be a bit expensive, but I have them here if needed,
Thanks
Michael

carguyblack

Could an old boat anchor starter be dissected for the needed gear and ship just the portion you need for a rebuild?
Some kind hearted CLC person might be willing to do that for you. Just a thought.
Don't know is a 56 is the same as a 55 but I have a restored one of those 1956 ones waiting in the wings. Sorry but I don't have a donor one, though.
Chuck
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

Bronze

Thanks for your replies guys, and apologies for my late answer.
I actually found one "boat anchor" here in Sweden. Now i am going to weld the bendix in out position and a long handle to the rotor, then we'll see if a very stubborn 331 can be persuaded to move a bit :)