News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1960 P. Steering Pump

Started by 60eldo, March 10, 2021, 08:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

Wondering if Dex lll trans fluid is ok for the power steering pump as I cant find TYPE A Fluid.
Jon. Kluczynski

fishnjim

Lexi

Dexron III is fine. Like myself I believe you live in Ontario and I was having difficulty finding this product so I bought a drum of it at Crescent Oil in Hamilton. Way cheaper to buy it that way and Crescent will sell you any quantity you want. I thought I read on this Forum that GM no longer is the licence holder for this product so it has been up for grabs for others to manufacture it. Not sure if there has been any quality issues, but I have not experienced any problems so far. You can also use it for your transmission. Clay/Lexi