News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Unknown 1938 V16

Started by july76, April 20, 2021, 12:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

july76

A friend of mine offered this '38 V16 Cadillac that owned a great collector that recently passed away. As we know there were a lot of
bodies for this models and I'm trying to identify it. It has a division glass so we have a Limousine or Imperial but the strangest thing
is that is a 4-door and fully convertible. I've heard that there were two units with this configuration made for the White House security
in the thirties but maybe that is a more "conventional" unit

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Great car and rare !!

The 1938 thru 1940 V16s all had the same nose I think, so if this is a 1938....Cadillac made 13 of these...

model # 38-9029....Convertible Sedan with Trunk

Julio, is your friend selling this car?

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Mike Baillargeon #15848

I knew I've seen this car before......take a look at this link.....This looks like the same car....

http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=356577&country=us

Looks like it's a converted car,.... from a 1939 series 75 car to a 1939 series 90 car....

exterior trim and the motor are the obvious switches....still looks good....

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon