News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

71-76 Eldorado wire basket wheel covers

Started by mrmatthew, April 22, 2021, 08:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmatthew

There was a set of these made of stainless steel on my '76 when I bought it...Discovering one of the  baskets mangled in the trunk, I decided this set pretty much useless. Later on Ebay I found one, the seller was asking $500...I made a $125 offer that was accepted.

These wheel covers must be rare as hen's teeth. That was years ago & I haven't seen one for sale on Ebay or anywhere else since. There was a thread on here from 2012, a guy posted pictures of his but no information. Mine were made by Seamline Welding Inc in Chicago Ill. Anyone have any info on these covers ?

Matt CLC#18621

Hey Matthew,

Your Eldorado Convertible would super sharp with a set of Appliance Lace Wheels, occasionally they pop on eBay.

My preference is the Appliance wheels over the Western wheels.

I purchased a set a few years back for my 78 Biarritz with Power T-Tops.

When I sold the 78 Biarritzt, I kept them for  a future 67-78 Eldorado acquisition.

Best regards,
matt 18621
i am 2nd

mrmatthew

Those wire covers are just temporary until I get it painted which will be very soon. I'm going to finish it up with original caps.