News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Turn signal bulb issues in 66 Eldorado

Started by E Dorado, May 16, 2021, 05:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E Dorado

Please assist ....cHecked all fuses, all are good. No parking lights and no front blinkers on either side working....what's the best way to remove front turn indicators?
No power coming to turn indicator or Parking lights once engaged.

Drivers side rear indicator light not working...do I REALLY have to remove the entire rear bumper to replace a bulb..?. Thanks for any suggestions

scotth3886

Quote from: E Dorado on May 16, 2021, 05:37:57 PM
Please assist ....cHecked all fuses, all are good. No parking lights and no front blinkers on either side working....what's the best way to remove front turn indicators?
No power coming to turn indicator or Parking lights once engaged.

Drivers side rear indicator light not working...do I REALLY have to remove the entire rear bumper to replace a bulb..?. Thanks for any suggestions

No.  I just did it a few minutes ago.  If some former owner was wise enough to leave the screws on the sockets a little loose, that's a big help.  Otherwise you can take off that little trim panel between trunk and bumper and get to the top one that way.  The bottom two you can kinds sorta get to from directly underneath.  It's a bitch !!!!!!!!!!!!!! , but it can be done.

35-709

Wouldn't think that all those bulbs would be bad at once, sounds like you need to check why you aren't getting power to the turn indicator (or indicators) and parking lights when they are switched on.  Bad wire(s), bad ground?
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2