News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

76 eldorado convertible rebuild

Started by Leary75, July 02, 2020, 06:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leary75

Quote from: James Landi on June 03, 2021, 05:57:59 PM
My Dad bought me a '61 CAdillac convertible for me when I was a sophomore in college in 1965.   I never had a desire to own another brand of car ever since!  Happy day,  James
James, there is something special about driving around in a convertible caddy.  I haven't felt this way in any other car.  It is a joyful experience. 
-Brian
1976 Eldorado Convertible

James Landi

Brian,

It''s safe to say that owning a Cadillac convertible is a transgenerational affliction.  Since the mid 60's, I've owned many Cadillac convertibles, and now, as a "boomer" / geezer who's seventy-five years old, I'm driving an "Infared" XLR-- in spite of logic, and yes, everytime I drive that car and recall all the other Cadillacs I've owned, it's brightened my day. YOur generation Eldorado, when brought up to specs, is simply an incredible ride--- Similar to sitting in a posh movie theatre and watching a film--- "road feel,"  be damned!   Happy day, James