News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Hello all

Started by 74Eldo, June 03, 2021, 12:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74Eldo

Bob here From Wisconsin..bought this 74 Eldorado late last summer.  All original, looks ok for age.  Dinking and dunking my way on improving stuff on it.  Just wanted to say hello and am looking forward to asking questions lol

MaR

Welcome to the '74 Eldorado convertible club! Looks like you are part of the Cranberry Firemist club also.

Cadillac Fleetwood

Welcome! You'll be among excellent company since there are some nice '74 Eldorados represented here.  When these cars were new, I couldn't make up my mind whether Cranberry Firemist or Persian Lime Firemist was my favorite color for a '74 Eldorado Convertible, but  since I came to the realization that I couldn't solve the dilemma by having one of each,  LOL, I think the cranberry has won out.

-Charles
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

James Landi

Bob,

You've come to the right place for answers.  By now you;re likely aware that your car has many fine qualities, but you also know that some parts of its engineering are unusual.  Having owned a number of these, getting them to drive "as new" requires some creativity.  Just know, we're here to help you.     James

hornetball

It's a great car.  Enjoy.

BTW, putting in a vote for Persian Lime!

Macabry

That's a beautiful car right there ... enjoy 👍
1952 Series 62 Coupe de Ville
1988 Citroen 2cv Special

74Eldo

Thanks for the replies!  Glad to be here :) 

One thing I can't seem to find is a lighted replacement passenger sun visor.  Either they are plain..or have a mirror..but not a lighted mirror.  If anyone has a source or advice for that, I'm all ears!

MaR

Quote from: 74Eldo on June 04, 2021, 05:51:44 PM
Thanks for the replies!  Glad to be here :) 

One thing I can't seem to find is a lighted replacement passenger sun visor.  Either they are plain..or have a mirror..but not a lighted mirror.  If anyone has a source or advice for that, I'm all ears!
The lighted mirror part is fairly generic across many models and even other makes and manufacturers. As far as I know though, it's not reproduced so you would have to find a good used one.