News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Favorite Car Forums

Started by 71 Fleetwood, June 28, 2021, 06:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 Fleetwood

Last week someone at the Vintage Mustang forum mentioned how stale it becomes when we work on one kind of car and especially when there is really very little to do but shine the car for shows. 

This particular owner bought a Camaro for a new puzzle to solve.  The problem is that the Camaro forums are not as friendly as the Mustang forum.  I have also seen this with Tahoe/Escalade/Silverado, RAM and Corvette forums, helpful but a tiny bit snarky.

I told the Vintage Mustang people (who are fantastic to each other) to look here for a great resource of knowledge and friendly help. 

What are some other forums of welcoming and helpful car people?

I am all over the board with my car addiction and willing to add a new marque.
1971 Fleetwood Sixty Special Brougham

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Hello and welcome to the Forum.  If you have any
year of Cadillac or LaSalle you will find a host of
people on this forum who are knowledgeable and
willing to help you with any and all questions.

We have members with experience in all areas of
restoration be it:  paint, electrical, engine rebuild,
suspension, oils & lubricants, air conditioning,
interiors, and other areas.

Post any questions that you may have and we'll
see what we can help with.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

cadillac ken

Seems like a Mustang thing.  A good friend of mine has a '69 Cobra Jet Mustang and has volumes of knowledge about Mustangs as he has owned a bunch.  He also says the Mustang forums are not very friendly--- and full of "experts"  ;)

This forum is a wonderful place that welcomes all and has a lot of very mature and seasoned experts. I suspect the Mustang forum has a lot of younger guys that think they are experts.   

I also belong to a few other forums that are great places for info and help with my other cars.  If one of those forums becomes un-fun and un-helpful-- I just leave.

KOKNEYELDO

We also have a 1975 Eldorado and a 1957 Ford Thunderbird.

The members of the Thunderbird forums are very similar to this Cadillac site, in they are very knowledgeable, willing to assist and also share on any questions and a great place to find or buy parts at reasonable prices.

At lot of it depends on the car and year(s), as that factors heavily on the demographics.

On the sites I use for these particular cars there are not many egos and the vast majority of us are "older".
Present cars:

1975 Cadillac Eldorado convertible
1957 Ford Thunderbird
2007 Jeep Commander Overland
2018 Audi A3

Come On You Blues!

71 Fleetwood

I'm 64, you're just kids to me, haha.

I should have thought of T-Bird.  I love the cars and haven't had one for a long time.
Mustangs were my obsession for too long and I'm down to one '66. 
No more Vettes (can't climb out without looking foolish).

I watched this site for a few years before I bought a car this year.  Honestly, this is the most helpful site that I have found and it kind of encouraged me choosing a new vintage.  My new-to-me Cadillac has brought way more positive feedback in the 100 miles that I've driven than any other old car I've owned.

When I picked up my Cadillac at the dealer shop this morning it took an extra 30 minutes to talk to my technician, other technicians, customers, a guy on the driveway and a guy at the gas station.  I think that I had better get used to it.
1971 Fleetwood Sixty Special Brougham

robert G. smits

Another forum that I like is the AACA General Discussion forum.  Similar personality to this one with a lot of very knowledgeable individuals willing to help.  For a fun example click on "and then the phone rang" for a interesting saga of getting a 18 white touring running after sitting for 82 years.
R. Smits, #2426
23 Cad 7P Touring
32 Cad 5P Coupe
38 Cad 90 Series
41 Cad 63 Series
58 Cad Eldo Barritz
The average man can take care of one Woman and two Cadillacs, Al Edmond AACA Past President