News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

A solution for small mirrors

Started by David Greenburg, July 01, 2021, 05:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Greenburg

One of the few things I find frustrating about driving my old cars is the small size of the rear view mirrors, as well as the lack of a RH mirror (don't even get me started on the ridiculous and unusable RH mirror on '59-'60 Fleetwoods). Anyway, it's annoying, and potentially pretty dangerous for those of us in busy urban/suburban areas. But I recently received a gift that has transformed my driving experience.  It's a large wide-angle mirror that clamps on the existing mirror..  it's big (18" ex 3" high), but it give me a 180 deg view from the front edge of one rear quarter window around to the other. It's not particularly noticeable through the windshield, and easily unclamps for shows, or to be transferred to another car.  Mine came from Hammacher-Schlemmer, but I'm sure they're available from other sources as well..
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special