News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

WANTED ROCHESTER QUADRA JET CARB for 1967 Cadillac

Started by TD Alex, July 14, 2021, 08:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TD Alex

Looking to buy a proper numbered Rochester Quadra jet for '67 sdv.  Car has a/c and is not AIR. 
1967 Sedan DeVille
2007 Jaguar XK Conv
1998 Land Rover Range Rover
1992 Alfa Romeo 164LS
1989 Alfa Romeo Spider
1985 Cadillac Eldorado
1972 Chevorlet Caprice Classic Convertable
1972 Buick Electra Custom Limited
1970 1/2 Volkswagon Karmen Ghia Convertable
1967 Ford LTD
1967 Volkswagon Micro Bus step thru
1965 Volkswago Fastback

fishnjim

Since no responders, search online.   There's several out there, but pricey - same as a new carb, reman/rebuilt.   You're looking for a R-4 4MV  # 7027233   The 4th digit "7" is for '67 there's a few variations that might work.   
You could put a new Edelbrock on if you don't find one.

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

You might try Mark Northcutt at Quadrajet Power

https://quadrajetpower.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIit_ozaPt8QIVj7bICh2WYASHEAAYASAAEgI8M_D_BwE

He seems to have access to a lot of the more esoteric (the '67 is quite unique) QJs.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

spoon

I may have found a factory rebuilt. Take a look to see if this looks correct. I have several pictures.

35-709

:)  They all look pretty much the same to the untrained eye, about the only way to tell if it is the proper carb for your engine is by the number.  As "fishnjim" pointed out, the correct carb for your engine should read 702723*, the last number, denoted by the asterisk, should be an EVEN number for an automatic transmission, i.e. 0,2,4,6, or 8 --- of course, you have an automatic.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

spoon

I agree with everything you guys said. I raced a Qjet car for two decades and was a GM  engineer who had access to the carb lab. Unfortunately this rebuilt carb does not have the part # stamped in the body. It was in a Rochester rebuild box with the correct part #. I posted a picture of the location where the part # should be.
If interested I can give you contact info. Just trying to help someone who's looking. The carb is not mine.

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

FWIW that carb was originally made by the Carter Co, when Rochester could not keep up with the demand.
The '67 carb was a bit special in that it was the first QJ designed for Cadillac and it was on a 429 motor.  With or without AIR, the jetting and calibration are specific to that motor.
Greg Surfas
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

M. Bankes

Hi,
I have a couple of '67 carbs, they are cores for rebuild but they are the correct ones
Thanks
Michael

fishnjim

35 - I looked for my Rochester list but it didn't go that high, so I got that from a carb site.   I didn't look in my books - my bad.   The "de-code" says its for '67 and cad so I figured it was right.   

35-709

:)  Not a big deal here, Jim.   :)
Geoff N.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2