News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

70 Climate Control problems

Started by Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373, November 07, 2013, 10:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisntam

Here's Tim's information from another thread:

You can email me at tagroves@wctel.net or call me at 864-348-7732.

He's a great guy and eager to help!

chris.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

35-709

Cadillac Factory Shop Manuals for most any year you might need are readily and inexpensively available on eBay.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

chrisntam

As Geoff said, FSM is also a good resource to get.  A good price is $25 & under + shipping.  I like them so much I have 4 of them, bought over time, very inexpensively.  One for the garage, one for the bedroom (night reading), one for the reading room   ;)   and an extra.

;D
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

One of my old posts from 2013. Makes me feel immortal.  Thanks guys!
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

cadillacmike68

Jeff,

I don't know if 1969-70 still used the HI-FOG-ICE switch ( built in to the dash controller), but if they do, that might be the cause of you not getting full fan speed.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Scot Minesinger

I guess you got it working 6 years ago.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty

jla71

8)good morning ive had my 71 Cadillac for 5 years now and its been a rodeo of issues with mechanics saying they can fix the climate control but cant ive almost waisted over 3500 dollars for it to get fixed know one knows how to fix it because its a old school system what i did was order tims book the shop manual and the 71 gm manual i purchased a vacuum pump for 24 dollars at harbor freight and 5 dollar ratchet tool set read the book took out the liner in glove compartment turned on ac looked to see if the arm is moving to heat or ac does not move still on the floor not the vents so this is what i did took out box order one from a junk yard or keep your original plugged in the new programmer don't connect the rod as of yet  unplug the vacuum hose from manifold put hose back in turn on ac and the system is working like its supposed to then you connect the rod back the programmer is your problem that's it you can order a transducer and replace the one that is blown and the system will work before you install take the vacuum pump connect it to the black cup on the programmer and test for vacuum if it holds its working but you need to replace the transducer thank you Tim and all who has helped... remember do not take you dash apart at any time go to 1971 1976 CADILLAC AC PROGRAMER MODULE RESTORE KYPITSN ELDORODO ON YOU TUBE WILL GIVE YOU A DEMOSTRATION AND HE RESTORES THEM

chrisntam

Quote from: jla71 on September 16, 2021, 12:35:21 PM
Good morning, I've had my 71 Cadillac for 5 years now and it's been a rodeo of issues with mechanics saying they can fix the climate control, but they can't.  I've almost wasted over 3500 dollars on it to get fixed.  No one knows how to fix it because it's a old school system. 

What I did was order Tim's book, the shop manual and the 71 gm manual.  I purchased a vacuum pump for 24 dollars at harbor freight and a 5 dollar ratchet tool set and read the books.  Took out the liner in glove compartment turned on ac looked to see if the arm was moving to heat or ac.  The arm does not move, air is still on the floor and not at the vents, so this is what i did.

took out box order one from a junk yard or keep your original plugged in the new programmer don't connect the rod as of yet.  Unplug the vacuum hose from manifold put the hose back in turn on the ac and the system is working like its supposed to then you connect the rod back to the programmer is your problem that's it you can order a transducer and replace the one that is blown and the system will work.

Before you install, take the vacuum pump and connect it to the black cup on the programmer and test for vacuum.  If it holds, its working.  But you need to replace the transducer. 

Thank you Tim and all who has helped... remember do not take your dash apart at any time. 

Look for a 1971 to 1976 CADILLAC AC PROGRAMER MODULE RESTORE KYPITSN EL DORADO ON YOU TUBE, IT WILL GIVE YOU A DEMONSTRATION AND HE RESTORES THEM.

Punctuation and spacing added for easier reading.
Some things I couldn't fix...the 3rd paragraph...  Anyone want to try to translate that one or the last one?
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Cadillac Fleetwood

Quote from: chrisntam on September 16, 2021, 02:01:01 PM
Punctuation and spacing added for easier reading.
Some things I couldn't fix...the 3rd paragraph...  Anyone want to try to translate that one or the last one?

Reading and re-reading the third paragraph makes my brain hurt.  The last paragraph means, and this involves reading between the lines,  that Eldorado George in Tarpon Springs, Florida (fleetwood-eldorado on eBay)rebuilds or restores the controllers/brain boxes for the 1971-76 Cadillacs, and that one or more of his 800+ YouTube videos demonstrates the operation and repair of these.

Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

Big Fins

When I start to read a post and it starts like that one, I just ignore it and move on.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Cadman-iac

Quote from: Cadillac Fleetwood on September 16, 2021, 06:34:19 PM
Reading and re-reading the third paragraph makes my brain hurt.  The last paragraph means, and this involves reading between the lines,  that Eldorado George in Tarpon Springs, Florida (fleetwood-eldorado on eBay)rebuilds or restores the controllers/brain boxes for the 1971-76 Cadillacs, and that one or more of his 800+ YouTube videos demonstrates the operation and repair of these.

Charles Fares

Charles,
My question would be how can you tell where the paragraphs start and stop, there's absolutely no punctuation in that whole post. It requires an awful lot of interpretation to try to figure out what is being said and asked. And apparently I'm not that good at it.
Chrisntam, you have made some sense of it, but it just makes my head hurt.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

V63

Just a suggestion... This is often a sign of translated language. I use translation and the problem is different language does not punctuate the same and so the systems just remove it as mitigating damages.

chrisntam

Quote from: V63 on September 18, 2021, 05:22:25 AM
Just a suggestion... This is often a sign of translated language. I use translation and the problem is different language does not punctuate the same and so the systems just remove it as mitigating damages.

The guys last name is Anderson and he speaks of Harbor Freight.... It's also a sign of a twenties something person.  I've seen similar writings by some in that age group.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Big Fins

Or the use of voice to text on a phone. When a post starts with no capitalization, I just ignore it because I know it won't make much sense all the way through.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille