News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

37 Lasalle rear seat back removal

Started by Lasalle newbie, September 20, 2021, 07:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lasalle newbie

Good afternoon

We just inherited a 37 lasalle sedan from a family member. I'm in the process of cleaning the car up since it has been sitting since 1961 in a garage. I'm having issues removing the rear seat back. Anyone have any guidance on how to remove it? Thank you very much.

Kyle

Barry M Wheeler #2189

You might see if you can find a GM Body manual. As a LaSalle is a "B" bodied car, it will be covered in the appropriate year.

And if memory is correct, you first pull up on the front of the rear seat cushion to get it loose. And then the back rest (I think) is held in place by two screws. When you remove them, the cushion can be lifted up and off clips at the top. Good luck, and welcome.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Lasalle newbie

So I figured it out. The center on the top has a pin on the body side that you have to pull the seat back off of.