News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

WTB: Carter 423s WDO Carburetor

Started by 39LaSalleDriver, October 12, 2021, 02:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

39LaSalleDriver

Title says it all, looking to buy a Carter 423s WDO Carburetor. Prefer to buy one that is only good for parts as I only need the bowl cover off of it to repair the carb I already have. Will consider any condition if the price is right and the piece I need is usable. Thanks.
Jon Isaacson

1939 LaSalle 5019

fishnjim

There's several WDO models, that probably the cover is the same and will fit.
They usually change the number for a specific vehicle, for linkage, choke, etc.
Hunt around on ebay and the carb parts sites, if no one coughs one up here.

39LaSalleDriver

That's my instinct as well, but I'm worried about the internals layout. If I could find an interchange list I'd be much happier about taking a chance. Here is a photo of what mine looks like with the top cover removed. The photos of ones I've run across which are WDO's (but not the same number) don't have that cover removed, so I can't tell if they would work.

I really have to imagine that Carter only had X number of bodies cast and then fit other parts on as needed for different models.

The only markings I can find on mine are the patent numbers which seem to be the same on all of them so far as I have looked into it; and "0-375" cast on the passenger side of the body. Of course, I also have the brass tag which is marked

"423s
M8"
Jon Isaacson

1939 LaSalle 5019

39LaSalleDriver

Expanding search to also encompass the following:

Carter 460s
Carter 506s
Carter 419s
Carter 440s
Carter 448s
Carter 474s

Turns out I'm back to square 1. Seems that I can only count on a Carter 423s carb for my needs.
Jon Isaacson

1939 LaSalle 5019