News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Installing Cruise Control in a '67 Eldo, that didn't come with one

Started by Georgesb2, November 01, 2021, 01:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georgesb2

Installing Cruise Control in a '67 Eldo, that didn't come with one

I can't locate the bracket for the cruise unit/motor/master to the back of the engine.
I can't find any clear pictures of the bracket, in the case we need to fabricate one.

I know it uses the same unit that a Deville uses, but the Deville mounts to the wheel well where the Eldo mounts to the back of the engine on the driver's side.

I also can't figure out the throttle linkage, to the carb from the cruise and to the cruise from the foot pedal in the car (cable).

I do have the authentic Cadillac Shop Manual, but it's lacking for those two items.

Any help, pictures, ideas, items?

Thank you,
George
George Borrelli
Crystal River Florida

TJ Hopland

Are you specifically going for as original as possible or just something that works?   

If you just want something that works I would go for a new Rostra kit.  They work good and the control cable is fairly long so if you are worried about looks you could hide it in the fender or under something like even the dash maybe.    Doesn't have to use their switches you can make your own or re purpose something that is existing.   You will also need a speed sensor.  You can get the one that goes inline the speedo cables or a magnet one that goes on the right CV flange. 

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rpc-250-1223
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

bcroe

Is this working yet?  Guess so.  I also would recommend using a
modern electronic, universal cruise system.  The 60s types were
quite mechanically clumsy.  Bruce Roe

BlackCads

Here is a link to the Rostra website.
https://www.rostra.com/universal-aftermarket-cruise-control-by-rostra.php#2504165
I installed one of these years ago in a 1963 Cadillac. Took about 3 hours. Worked great but not original.

35-709

I too would recommend a Rostra kit, I have installed several in my old cars and am pleased with their performance.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2