News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL*

Started by JIM CLC # 15000, December 06, 2005, 02:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIM CLC # 15000

12-05-05
TO: All Owners and lovers of USED, ABUSED and MISUSED Cadillacs and La Salles,  MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL !!! I know it is still twenty days till Christmas, But I wanted to be the first to wish all readers of this message forum "A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

* To all PC people, Please read subject line and body of post  as, Happy Holidays.

For the non-belivers I have attached the Santa story from the year before last .

Good Luck, I hope Santa puts "A hard to find old car part" in everones Christmas sock                                                                                                                                      

12-25-04                              I don’t usually have to get up during the night to answer the call of nature, but this morning I had to and as I stood looking out the bath room window,I heard a car approaching and slowing to turn into the cul-de-sac where I live, I could see it was driven by a big man with a white beard and dressed in a red out-fit, shouting out HO HO HO for all to hear.
Turns out it was an old Cadillac, maybe a 1928 or ’29 touring, with the top down and the rear seat filled with boxes of all sizes, wrapped in difference colors, reds, golds, silvers, blues and greens. Well, that big Cadillac took the corner a little short and gave a couple of boxwoods the “firestone” treatment. He was in and out of the cul-de-sac in a monments notice as he had a helper in the back seat tossing out the gifts to the kids across the street. As the car left the cul-de-sac, he shouted loudly, “Merry Christmas” to all! He act as someone very determined, with places to go and things to do. I would never believe it if I had not seen it.                                                            

Randall A. McGrew CLC # 17963

Merry Christmas to you too, Jim!   Happy Hannukah and A Blessed Yule to ALL!

My holidays have been made that much merrier by the adoption of a new friend for my dwindling stables.  More on this later.  Suffice it to say, I am very hopeful 2006 will be a better year for us all.

denise 20352

I dont celebrate Xmas because:

1.) I have winter depression so bad that I can barely get out of bed and make it to work

2.) As soon as it gets cold for the first time, all of my cars break down, and I have to spend all of my time working on them.

3.) I have no money for shopping because of (2) above.

4.) I dont believe in God.

However, 95percent of Americans do celebrate it, so I have little use for the PC people who insist that Hanukah and Kwaanza are just as important.  In fact, there isnt even such a thing as Kwaanza, so who cares?  Im glad to see that people are fighting back and suing to get the Christmas stuff put back up.

-denise

Joe Abernathy #17524

Denise,

Your post is very sad.  I will pray for you.

Merry Christmas.

Michael Stamps 19507

I dont wish to get into a religious discussion but telling an atheist that you will pray for them just isnt right.  Thats like offering a Muslim a ham sandwich.

Stampie

wm link

hold the Koran and please pass the grey pupon

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Geez William,

Youre not going to pupon people of other religeons are you?

Bruce,
The Tassie devil(le),
60 CDV

wm link

sorry...it was that dang ham sandwich...Stampie...I LMAO

John #22631

Stampie,
If that Muslim is hungry enough hell eat the ham sandwich and be grateful for it.
Too many people go hungry due to ridiculous religious beliefs. Believe what you want in your own mind and be your own person. It is and always will be the Christmas season. For the idiots that dont like it...go crawl under a rock or bury your head in the sand!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY NEW FOUND FRIENDS AT THE CLC.

John Serio

Tom Hermanson

whats a PC people

* To all PC people, Please read subject line and body of post  as, Happy Holidays.

Joe Abernathy #17524

Stampie,
I disagree.  Your analogy is wrong.  I didnt tell her she should pray but that I would pray for her.  A gift of sincere love for my fellow man.  How could that be offensive?

denise 20352

Im not necessarily an atheist, just not interested in religion.  I find it boring, and somewhat silly.

-denise

denise

It would indeed be offensive to an atheist, because the idea that there isnt a god is a belief that they carry.  Since I really dont care whether there is a god or not, I just accept it as a well wish.  Thanks.

-denise

Randall A. McGrew CLC # 17963

Tom, that means Politically Correct.  No, it is not another manifestation of the Microsoft invasion.  :)  

Sincere prayers are always good.  If the other party is not interested or does not believe, you make them in private .. they are for gods ears, if she/he has them.  

Institutionalized religion has been from the dawn of society and still is the most effective social control mechanism.  Because we believe means it is working as designed.  Hows that for intelligent design?  I wish someone would turn the intelligent designer on GM ... where are those damn show elves nowadays?  They arent members of the UAW too, are they??  

Brian Daum, 18809

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Best wishes from 63 deg. North - Where Santa really lives!!!

Brian
NW Norway

JIM CLC # 15000

12-07-05
Denise, It is none of anyones business what you believe or dont believe. But I do believe that there is a GOD or as he/she is sometimes refered to as a "Superior Being". I also believe in the following,...you will be rewarded to fullest ability of the GOD you honor,serve and obey...
Good Luck,Merry Christmas,Happy New Year, and when you die, may you be in Heaven three days before the Devil knowns that you are gone, Jim

Dave MacGregor #18998

Thanks!

May all your Holiday be Merry and Bright!!!

Dave MacGregor

Michael Stamps 19507

I think its funny (I guess Mr. Link also) that someone would pray for someone that doesnt believe in their religion or any religion.  I guess that is better than killing someone because they hold different values.  Since you are so giving I will have my local witch doctor sacrifice a goat and a chicken in your name.  This will ensure that you live a long and happy life.

Stampie

PS - Merry Christmas too everyone ... I enjoy watching the kids open their presents the most.  It makes me feel young again.