News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1968 PART CONFUSION???

Started by Myles M, May 22, 2005, 09:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myles M

I am doing a full overhaul of my 68 cadillac coupe deville and after taking the dash apart...cleaning everything...and proceeding to put it back together...I realised that a part I took apart doesnt seem to go anywhere...

it is CLEAR plastic...(the whole piece)
it is in the shape of a J with a small hook type lip...
it has a notch towards the hook end...
and the numbers on it are: 6458etc

any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

thanks in advance

ps I can post pictures if needed...

Steve Preston #16375

Post a picture, maybe I can help as Ive had the dash completely apart many times in my now defunct 68 convertible apart .

Myles M

I have attached a link so that you can see the part I am talking about.
(it was the only way I could attach multiple pictures!)

https://webdisk.ucalgary.ca/~mjmaxey/public_html/CADILLACpercent20PICTURES/

-just click on the three pictures listed

thanks

Myles

Michael Stamps 19507

To view that correctly you will need to copy and paste the link in your address bar.  Highlight the text of the link.  Then hit CTRL C to copy it.  Then in your address bar paste the link by clicking in the line then hitting CTRL V.

Stampie

PS - Looks like a piece of clear plastic shaped like a J to me but Ive never owned a 68.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

That part goes behind & above the speedometer needle & distributes lite evenly back there. Bob

Myles M

Dear Bob,

I cant thank you enough for the help. Would have been a huge pain, if you hadnt taken the time.

Best regards,

Myles