News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 wheel jack

Started by Virgil Perkins #19943, May 10, 2005, 10:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgil Perkins #19943

Is the black paint on the jack and base a GLOSS or SATIN black?
The photo in the 41 Authenticity Manual looks like it was a gloss, from the reflective shine. Also, was the column painted?
Thanks, VP

Doug Houston

The paint is gloss enamel. I assume that youre referring to the prop, and not the jack.

Virgil Perkins

Doug, I an refering to the jack head or mechanism and square base, as pictured on page A-53 A in the 1941 Authenticity Manual. The bases of both jacks pictured look gloss while the mechanism looks flat or satin black. I have only a jack, not the stand. Thanks

Doug. Houston

I cant get to the lower garage where my 41 convertiblr coupe is.  When I bought it in 1960, the tools were in their original wrappers in the tool compartment. Previous owners didnt even know that there WAS a tool compartment, and never even unwrapped them. I never did, either.

I wont be able to do much walking for about 6 weeks until some right leg surgery heals, so Im helpless. However, I believe that the ppaint on the jack is a soft gloss.