News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1923 carburetor swap

Started by Fred Classon, June 17, 2005, 11:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Classon

Does anyone know of a carburetor that will bolt on to replace an original 1923 carburetor or where I can obtain a kit for a 1923 carburetor? I am working on a 1923 sedan V-8. It will idle well, but under load it severely cuts out. It ran ok until someone put alcohol gas into it. It washed out the tank into the carburetor. I cleaned the carburetor, flushed the tank and the lines, cleaned the filter screen, bleww all the passages, and got the car running again, but it will not accelerate much past idle without sputtering to a stop. The air pump to the fuel lines is working. (The guy who worked on it before me even tried an electric fuel pump.) I hooked the air pump back up. The carburetor seems to be getting plenty of gas, but the carburetor also seems to be the problem. I would like to switch it to an easier carburetor to work on if anyone knows one that will work.

JIM CLC # 15000

06-17-05
Fred, try thecarburetorshop web site.
Talk to them and read their info. Its good reading.
Good Luck, Jim