News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

odd ball 59 and 60 cady

Started by robert p millian, August 15, 2005, 04:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donny Sylvestro

Jaguars offer Direct TV in the front seat headrests for the rear passengers.

Direct TV (Satellite Television) [[How do you capture a satellite TV signal in a moving vehicle???]].

Donny Sylvestro

Yann

“Why am I Johnny” is gonna have a hairy conniption (french for S… F..) when he reads about your latest faux pas!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Yann Saunders, 12588I guess some of you will accuse me of playing a lying game, just like Marv, but - heck - this guy has pulled too many legs; its about time someone pulled his !

Paul

Johnny,

Paul here in Australia. Dont know about the USA, but here in Australia we have two specific laws that protect consumers or buyers from shady characters. There is the Federal Trade Practices Act (Section 52) which protects consumers from  corporation or business conduct which is "....likely to mislead and deceive...". The Fair Trading Act is a similar State Act incorporated in all states which is basically a duplication of the Federal FTA and says the same thing....but in that case the FTA protects the buyer against INDIVIDUALS (rather than companies or businesses) who engage in misleading and deceptive conduct. Note the word ....likely.... to deceive and mislead. This means that it does NOT have to be proven that they have misled and deceived, but that it is likely or possible. The reason there are two laws (Federal and State) reflecting the same sentiment is that the Commonwealth or Federation cannot regulate (via our constitution) the conduct of individuals - but States can. So hence the Feds legislate against corporate governance and the State against individual conduct.

Surely the USA would have similar law, in the event that someone DOES buy the car from luvdog and then realises they have been misled and deceived by him...and then chooses to initiate legal action. All the attention that this website has brought to luvdogs conduct (and he has been notified many times by club members etc that his conduct via his sales statements on ebay) is deceptive, he would have no defence that he didnt know what he was saying was false.

If the possible buyer is misled, luvdog may be in for a very messy and sticky legal fight....he may need that million dollars he wants for the car to pay his a nd the buyers legal bills after this mess is over.

I notice luvdog uses the word skunkworks in his item descritption....I knew something smelled about that car.

Finally I note that he is in Florida...."a sunny place with some shady characters".

Paul

Yann, fight fire with fire.

You are telling Marv luvdog what he does not want to hear. That he has done his money on this car, and he cannot get his money back. Now far too many people have done their homework (many thanks to you and your 45-year data research, Yann). You are the expert respected and often referred to by the real collectors and enthusiasts. Luvdog is a used car seller who will say what it takes to sell a car to an unsuspecting idiot (but how many idiots to you know with $1 million - Luvdogs asking price - to throw away).

By the way, I love the comments by luvdog "...The car was produced on the 13th of January, 1959 and by sheer coincidence, this is the actual Birthdate of my associate Rick Hofberg!"

Like WOW!

That is truly amazing and is probably the most mind-blowing piece of information, and surely worth noting. Fancy That!

I reckon that fact alone has got to make the car worth $1 million.

I am Johnny

Quote from: Donny SylvestroYann

“Why am I Johnny” is gonna have a hairy conniption (french for S… F..) when he reads about your latest faux pas!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Yann Saunders, 12588I guess some of you will accuse me of playing a lying game, just like Marv, but - heck - this guy has pulled too many legs; its about time someone pulled his !

Actually its a matter of I could care less what Yann does!

Johnny

Quote from: Donny SylvestroJaguars offer Direct TV in the front seat headrests for the rear passengers.

Direct TV (Satellite Television) [[How do you capture a satellite TV signal in a moving vehicle???]].

Proably some technology that employs some sort of gyro scope.

dale jackson

Yann .

Your many years hobbie and cadillac website helped me find exact date on motorama in 1958 not 1959 and helped me find the clues to his fraud expensive cadillac. Thats the secrect on finding the dates was from your website. I typed in motorama date on yahoo search engine. Your website was the first page listed for motorama.

Yann your website is impressive. I dont know how you collected all that stuff and exact date etc. I even went to new york times and they had 19 newspaper articles on the on motorama in the oct -16 -22 1958  stuff.

I did learn that man marv can try to con whoever and there are some peaple who may think his claim is real and get ripped off cars he sales. When I talked with him on phone. I felt something was wrong since he kept asking about trades and kept trying avoid qustions. He kept me telling about him being an richman and his car collection etc . He evan said I dont know the history and its hard to find out with expertise.

I know why is does it. Its an gimick or advertisement to get peaple attracted to dealership to buy other cars etc or maybe he thinks he can rip off an person off etc. At one time I was going try buy an 1960 eldo or serville from  him last year and resell it after i used his car as study guide to help the restore on my 1960 eldo.  From looking at his cars etc his restore work . Its seems his cars are incorrect restored or cheap patched up work for an quick buck resale

I can understand marv whens comes to buying and selling cars. Buy car cheap as possible spend little as possible on car to get max profit and sale it fast. Pretend you dont know whats wrong with car if something bad wrong with it .  Avertise heavy and do whatever it takes make an sale no mater what to stay open . Just hope the experts dont find all wrong like we did.

At my dealership I would sell would sale problem cars at auction not the public since i dont want that hasslie with comebacks. I guess not all used car dealers care about the public like I do. Its sad peaple like marv give us good used car dealers an bad rap etc.  Marv I can see just wanted make an quick buck and would lie etc and make up false papers etc to make his living.

Late models cars is my job. I got very insterested in marv 1959/1960 motorama cadillac is In beginning I thought it was real car and I thought it was factory freek not homebuilt car. Main reason I still love those 1959 and 1960 cadillacs cars. I love those fins with giant big metal cars. Like you said those big 1959 or 1960 cadillacs will never come back and there best cadillacs ever made with Fabout fins and long list of options etc. The 1959 and 1960 cadillac will always be  an king in my book. In 1959 and 1960 the eldo was an the movie stars car or very rich family car . It was  the best at its time. Its not  like today where anybody can buy an cadilac. Its like high end benz or rolls bently today.

Thanks dale

It was fun researching and I got amusement from marv dream car that was not around but homebuilt. He tryed to fool us but he failed big time thanks to yann and rest of us.

John Serio

Good Morning Joe,
Having just found your forum this morning and reading about the "Skunk" car, you stated that you flew to Florida to see another vehicle he offered. Would you please relay the address of this dealer. I live here in Ft. Lauderdale and I will drive my 59 DeVille to his place just to see what kind of joke he is trying to push. IF he gets $160k for this butcher job, then Ill sell mine for $200k as it IS a 98percent original car. From the paint to interior. It was garage kept since the day it was purchased, July 16, 1959.

You gentlemen appear to be quite knowledgeable on these old Caddys and I look forward to reading your posts.

John

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday John,

But, your car doesnt have a TV set stuck in the middle of the dash board.   So, yours cant be worth that much.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

John Serio

I wouldnt waste my time watching T.V. in the house,let alone cruising my beautiful Caddy!!! Down here your too busy watching for some no-driving idiot talking on the phone or something. I still would like this dealers address though.

Joe Abernathy #17524

John,

Sorry but I dont have his address.  I remember it is north of the airport.  Not far off the freeway.

If you pick up a Hemmings Motor News you can find him.  He always has a full page ad with pictures of his current offerings.  At the top of the ad is a picture of Marv in a Ferrari shirt standing next to a red Ferrari.

Also if you look at the Cadillacs on eBay you will find some of his listings.  His Buy it Now prices always end with 888 and in the first pic, the car is in front of some kind of big tree that yall have down there.

Good luck

John

Joe,
   I have a good idea where you mean. I checked eBay but the listing expired. The only Ferrari dealer around here is on Sunrise Blvd. But Ill check around, then go look like a prospective buyer and break his stones a bit. Even so, someone running a classic car lot will know who he is. This might turn out to be fun. Thanks, John.

paul

This is an email I sent to luvdog, asking why the build sheet shows different to his claim. His answer was dismissive and boastful, and does not ansewer my legitimate question:

My question:
"Hi, I am trying to authenticate the car you have on ebay. The build sheet shows different original colour to the colour you originally state. I have sought advice from the Cadillac Club at their web page. So far I have had a reply from Yann Saunders. Any photos and documents you supply which can help establich the authenticity of the car will be gratefully accepted. Thanks, Paul"

Luvdogs reply (Marv Friedman - but DOCTOR Friedman to me!):

"The car was originally Blue, the Trim tag also shows Blue...The car is over a million dollars, so unless your a serious collector, like myself with a Museum, I suggest you dont waste your time...or mine. Good luck; Dr. Friedman heres my Museum site http://www.carsfromyesterday.com" TARGET=_blank>www.carsfromyesterday.com"

(Who is he to decide who I am? By the way the cars original build sheet shows white - not blue as he claims. Cant be confident that Marv is a serious collector, or museum owner, if he cant read car build sheets with any knowledge or integrity. His reply indicates that he gets very defensive when his claims are probed or investigated too closely).

Paul