News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Example of people thinking they have a special edition car

Started by Eric Maypother CLC #15104, October 23, 2005, 07:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Maypother CLC #15104

Heres a good example of someone thinking they have a special edition because the previous owner glued on some "sixty special" emblems, "1988 Brougham 60 special with an extra 6" on leg room"
Looks to me the same lenth as the basic 1988 brougham.
Eric :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Fleetwood-60-SPECIAL-88-CADILLAC-BROUGHAM-60-SPECIAL-2-FLA-OWNERS-LOW-MILES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6149QQitemZ4584770016QQrdZ1 TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-Fleetwood-60-SPECIAL-88-CADILLAC-BROUGHAM-60-SPECIAL-2-FLA-OWNERS

David #19063

Eric,

I believe on the front drive DeVilles there was a Fleetwood or Sixty Special option with a longer wheelbase/overall length that was put in the rear seat legroom.  

But, like yourself, I think all Broughams were 225" long.

David

Johnny #662

Quote from: David #19063Eric,

I believe on the front drive DeVilles there was a Fleetwood or Sixty Special option with a longer wheelbase/overall length that was put in the rear seat legroom.  

But, like yourself, I think all Broughams were 225" long.

David

I would have to look it up, but I believe Cadillac made both a RWD and FWD Fleetwood in 88, with the RWDs being longer, and possibly giving the extra legroom.

Forgetting all the nitpicking as to what is special and what isnt special, this is a very fine example of an 88 Cadillac.  The seller has included many pictures of the car, even ones showing the flaws.  He appears to very honest and forthright with his description, and if I was in the market for a Cadillac of that era, I would consider bidding on it.

Of course the real debate could be, what he wants for it!

Rob Gerace #16100

This info comes from the STD Catalog of Cadillac 1903-1990.

There was no RWD with a Fleetwood badge in 88.  It was called the Brougham starting in 87.  There WAS a 60-special Fleetwood in the late 80s, that had a longer wheelbase than the standard FWD Fleetwoods and deVilles.  It was 116" compared to the standard 110.8" deVilles and Fleetwoods.  It also carried a price tag that was almost $7k higher than a Fleetwood dElegance.  

This particular eBay ad is mistaken in that he has a RWD Brougham, and not a 60-special Fleetwood.  I hope that helps.

Rob
66 SDV

Matt Mersereau

That is how I remember it as well; The FWD platform was the only sixty-special of that era. So it seems his information is correct, and all he has to do now is get the right car to go along with his description.

I suppose he could also edit his description, but what fun would that be?