News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

68 Body mount question

Started by Justin Crosby #22536, November 25, 2005, 05:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Crosby #22536

I need to replace the body mounts behind the wheel wells and the long one all the way at the back of the car but I cant seem to find them how differnt are the ones for a 66? I found a company makeing those by the way Im talking about the metal chanel that welds onto the floor

Thanks Justin

Lou 19028

Youre right. No one makes em.I was able to match up replacement body mount brackets from an Impala(70 I recall)The closest match for the rubber body mounts were from an 67 Pontiac. Thats what you need to do. Go down to a muscle car specialty parts guy and look around at all the cool brand new replacement sheet metal available.They will get a kick out of selling stuff for a Caddy. You might even find floor pans from a Chevy that fit perfectly.

Justin Crosby #22536

Thanks For the info Ill have to try that