News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

door interchangeabilty 67-68 convert.

Started by Justin Crosby #22536, November 27, 2005, 10:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Crosby #22536

I see that the doors for 67 have a differant part # than 68 is there any major differnce other that interrior door handle mounting?
Thanks Justin

Michael Stamps 19507

I know the front fenders are different so that would affect the doors.

HTH,
Stampie

Justin Crosby#22536

I thought the only differance in the fenders was the cornering lamp mounting? The driver fender on the pile i bought was 67 it seemed to line up with the door ... the pass side there is a whole other story the whole bottom of my door was bondo inner and outer scary
Justin

Michael Stamps 19507

The hood is longer on 68s for the hidden wipers and that makes the fenders different.  I just remember asking the same when I owned a 67 and wanted to use 68 fenders.  I was told that they didnt interchange.

Stampie

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

67/68 fenders will interchange if you modify the cornering lite mounting tabs as necessary. Bob

Michael Stamps 19507

I stand corrected and will correct the information stored in my head.

Stampie