News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Early 80s electrical system, part needed.

Started by denise 20352, January 30, 2006, 09:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

denise 20352

I am doing a digital speedometer transplant project.  The donor panel came from a 1982 Eldo.  Thanks to Brucie for sending me the schematics.

What Im going to need is the buffer/amplifier.  The VSS is in the dash, as is the display, but I need this device to make the speed signal.  I am guessing that there are a range of years that this part could come from, but I could be wrong.

There is a 3-wire connector that comes out of the back of the speedometer, with red, green and black wires.  These go back about 18" or so, then plug into another connector, and from there, gray/black, green/ltgreen, and ltgreen/black wires go to the box.

Does anyone know where I could find one of these boxes, or another box that would work?  Im willing to experiment, if the part is cheap.  ;)

thanks

-denise