News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

65 ElDo Conv. Right side mirror

Started by Bill Tabor, January 04, 2006, 11:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Tabor

This car has never had an right outside mirror.

At 72 years old I find driving on innerstate highways somwhat dificult when changing lanes.  The convertable top creates a rather large blind spot on the right rear corner.

Is there any place to buy a right outside mirror that matches the original left one???

I would like to install one while doing the new upholstery.

Thanks much              Bill Tabor

Brett

Hi, to my knowledge, there was no right side mirror for the 65 cadillac, aftermarket, or otherwise. If you want, you may be able to have a left side modified to work on the right, as for the wood, it was not burl, but Japanese Tamo wood, there is a website you can purchase tamo wood veneer that is self adheasive.Ill look and find it for you. The leather on Eldorados was a combination of astec and smooth grain. I beleive the astec was used in the high-use areas for durability. As you know, the Eldorado had leather everything, except the visors, armrests, and the tops of the door panels. Hope this info helps,

Brett