News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Whats in a name?

Started by Barry M. Wheeler #2189, April 03, 2006, 09:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

Guys, I dont like it much either, but Im not going to loose sleep over the change. And if Doug can accept it, ANY one can.

John #22631

Barry,
Either way the name reads, if I was surfing around for a particular type of auto forum, or site, and came across one named "Cadillac La Salle Club", out of curiosity I would have to click on the link just to see what was there.

As a matter of fact thats how I came to be affiliated with the "Club". I googled classic Cadillacs, and came up with a variety of sites to choose from. This one caught my interest because in that particular 2 week period that I was just lurking and learning, these makes were discussed from pretty close to inception to the cars of today. Peoples questions were answered in a relatively short period of time with not just basic answers, but in-depth answers. And the encouragement of the replier, to learn more about what the poster had in the way of a vehicle.

I have helped and been helped. And for that I thank the people that make this forum what it is. Serious with some lightheartedness.

Call it what you will. Ive been called a lot of things, most of which would be deleted. Its the people that make the site what it is!

I believe the name change was brought to the boards attention by a La Salle owner that was upset because he/she thought that the La Salle name was just being piggybacked, when in reality the La Salle was a special car all its own.
Just my 1 1/2 cents worth!!!
John

Johnny #662

If it wasnt for Edith Bunker 99percent of the population wouldnt have known about the LaSalle:

Boy, the way Glen Miller played
Songs that made the Hit Parade
Guys like us, we had it made
Those were the days
And you know where you were then
Girls were girls and men were men
Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again
Didnt need no welfare states
Everybody pulled his weight
Gee, our old LaSalle ran great
Those were the days.

Rhino 21150

Thank you Edith, for providing me with a license plate! It always makes people ask what does it mean. GOOLSRG on a 1938 5019.

denise 20352

Yes, but it was nearly thirty years before I understood what she was saying.  "Salad grapes?"