News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

41 CAD 6219D antenna

Started by Alan Feltham CLC member, April 03, 2006, 09:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Feltham CLC member

Could someone please give me the size / shape of the antenna top tip? (ball, hex, square, other...diameter and length).
Thanks, Alan

Doug Houston

I assume that youre referring to the fender mounted vacuum antenna?

The tip should be a small ball, probably about 1/4 or 5/16 diameter. the ball tip is chromium plated as is the mast.

The original antenna had two sections. The inner one was manually raised, while the outer sleeve was attached to the vacuum piston. I dont have the exact measurements, but the outer sleeve of the mast is about 30 inches, and the inner rod is a little shorter by a couple of inches.

The 60 Special in 41 used the smaller diameter antenna cylinder, as was used on the 39-40 models, and was mounted in the cowl. All other 41 series cars had the antenna mounted in the left front fender.

Hope that this helps.

Alan Feltham CLC member

Thanks - that attests to the originality of the unit on my car since it only has two sections(the inner tube has a 8-32 threaded hole - must be for the ball with a threaded shank).
Appreciate it!