News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Convertible top rebiuld 1959 1960

Started by Steve, April 06, 2006, 01:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Hello. Anybody out there ever remove and/or rebuild the convertible top frame from a 1959 or 1960? Additionally, anybody know of a source for the rivets in the top frame or the rivets that hold the top frame to the body? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to all who reply.

John #22631

Steve,
Today is your lucky day. All the info you need is at
http://www.modifiedcadillac.org TARGET=_blank>www.modifiedcadillac.org
Go into the forum and look about halfway down on the first page,you will find a 3 page discussion on rivets and their manufactures. I believe the title of the post is "Top Frame and Rivets for 1959-1960 Cadillacs" Look at it a while and youll be able to decipher it.
John

dale jackson 20895

I am going thru that on my 1960 eldo. Read it and you will see.

They dont make repro rivets. You have  machice shop cut them down . I have 200 rivets that correct but need cut down etc.

Its very hard to rebuild an top frame etc. I am goinf thru it.

Read my post On modfided cadillac board you will see.

Dale