News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

53 Eldo spotted in New Mexico

Started by Bill Sullivan, June 15, 2006, 01:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Brian,

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many Saabs and Volvos get snapped up in Scandinavia and taken to places like America, Australia and Europe?

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

P.S.   Yes, I have done my share of stripping USA of 5 cars so far, and more to come.

JIM CLC # 15000

06-7-06
Brian, ...and some people would complain if hung with a velvet rope...
Good Luck, JIM

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Jim,

It isnt the rope that hurts, it is the thirteen circles that make up the knot that strikes hard at the jaw and face as the strain is suddenly taken up as the body drops that really hurts.  

If the knot wasnt stiff, then the head wouldnt be "tilted" fast enough to snap the neck.

A real neck breaker.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Brian Daum, 18809

Hi Bruce,

I can`t imagine anyone would ever be so stupid as to ever collect a Volvo or a Saab, or any other European car for that matter.

If it was up to me they could export the whole lot, and preferably to Antartica.........

Brian

Norway

Johnny #662

Quote from: Brian Daum, 18809Hi Bruce,

I can`t imagine anyone would ever be so stupid as to ever collect a Volvo or a Saab, or any other European car for that matter.

If it was up to me they could export the whole lot, and preferably to Antartica.........

Brian

Norway

Even Rolls Royces and Simcas?

Geoff Newcombe #4719

Volvo lovers can go to ..... http://www.vcoa.org/theclub/ TARGET=_blank>http://www.vcoa.org/theclub/
Rumor has it theyre organizing a Brian Daum day, just a rumor of course.

Simca fans can go to ..... http://www.centuryinter.net/SIMCA/ TARGET=_blank>http://www.centuryinter.net/SIMCA/

Its all there for you!

Our old Sales Manager used to say "theres an a** for every seat."

porter

Im hard pressed to slam Volvo or Saab after the crap GM foisted on us in the 80s, at any rate entirely different cars with an entirely different approach to engineering.

All various brand vehicles have a different approach to engineering , the consumers determine the value.

GM does well when they focus on a specific car, can be world class but you cant deny their many faux pax attempts at building cars for the masses with value and quality.

For years Volvo has set the standard for safety, Saab has many attributes that must be considered.

When all is said and done an auto has an ethnic cultural background.

Porter

JIM CLC # 15000

06-18-06
BRAIN, please do not drag Bruce into this "dog-fight", he does not even have a dog in it.
As for collectors-restorer of the Volvos, dont forget Retired Gen Colen Powell, Former Sec. of State, prior to Sec of State, Ms. C. Rice. Ret. Gen. C. Powers is a Volvo NUT.  He restores old Volves.
Good Luck, JIM

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Quote from: JIM CLC # 1500006-18-06
BRAIN, please do not drag Bruce into this "dog-fight", he does not even have a dog in it.
JIM

Jim,

I dont mind being dragged into anything.

I just would love to own a Volvo Bertone Coupe, and I once transplanted a potent 350 Chev into a Red Volvo and retained all the safety items and Power Steering and A/C for a mate.   That car went like a good car should.   The only way that anyone knew it wasnt a 4 cylinder was when they heard the exhaust rumble.

I like a challenge.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Dave Leger CLC# 19256

Hi Bbrian,

Speaking as someone who works in Antarctica (from time to time), we have enough challenges without stumbling over Volvo 740s in the snow!    :-)

Actually, there are many European cars I have enjoyed over the years, and many Id collect, given the space and funds.  Sometimes it can be the sheer novelty of a car.  When I used to drive my D series Citroen here, it got every bit as much attention as my 47 6207 (though I suspect for much different reasons!).

Dave