News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

41 radio

Started by Greg 18360, August 04, 2006, 04:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg 18360

The power and light wires have been disconnected, does someone  know where they connect. Ignition switch for power light switch for lights? wires have not been cut just hanging there.
             Thanks Greg

Doug. Houston

The A (power) lead should have an in-line fuse holder in it with a 14a. FUSE. It was normally connected to the load side of the ammeter, or the feed terminal of the light switch. I personally favor the load terminal of the ignition switch.

The light lead connects to the load terminal of the dash light rheostat on the light switch. Its a rare occasion when some ham-handed blacksmith hasnt disconnected those wires with wire cutters!

DJW

I recently installed new wiring in my 41 and have the diagrams from that installation that i would be able to fax to you if the previous post didnt clear up the picture for you.

Greg 18360

The light wire connected to the headlight switch, the power wire is too short to reach the ammeter or headlight switch the ign. switch seems the logical choice.Thanks for small miracles nothing has been butchered just disconnected.

Thanks Greg

I just bought the car its a model 63, Im working on the little stuff while waiting for brake parts rear axle seals and bearings.