News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Lap robe cord

Started by Alan Millard, October 17, 2006, 12:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Millard

Does anyone have any idea where to get the lap robe cord for my 1927 I have check out many sights  .  Just cant seem to find any place .  thanks alan

JIM CLC # 15000

10-16-06
Alan, You dont say where you live,so you may not have access to a few stores that are around the Portland, OR area. If you have a "Fabric wearhouse" in your area, try them or an uphoistery shop may be able to special-order the "rope" for you.
Good Luck,JIM

Dave Leger CLC #19256

Hi Allan,

Hampton Coach lists them in their catalogue, they can probably make one up for you.  See http://www.hamptoncoach.com/catalog/10.htm TARGET=_blank>http://www.hamptoncoach.com/catalog/10.htm .  I had them make up new assist straps for my car and they did a good job.

Dave

Lucas F. CLC #15674

Jim has made a very good suggestion. Large fabric/craft stores carry many different kinds of decorative cords and ropes most often used as curtain tiebacks. If you find a cord that is the right size but the wrong color, a light-colored cord could easily be dyed to the color you want.

Lucas F. CLC #15674
1963 Series 62 convertible

alan Millard

Thanks a lot guyss  you were a great help.
Now if I could only find out what oil filter will fit
my 1927 314 . Thanks again.  alan

JIM CLC # 15000

10-17-06
ALAN, I dont have any help on the oil filter except for a suggestion. If there are any old service stations in your area, check with them for a "lube" chart, if they have one, it should list an oil filter. Also, check with the FRAM coupany to see what theycan come-up with or suggest.
Good Luck,JIM