News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Capitol Cadillac

Started by Art#22010, October 23, 2006, 12:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art#22010

Attended the Eldorado Extraviganza At Capitol Cadillac in Greenbelt Maryland this past weekend. Over one hundred and nine Cadillacs on the tarmac. From the Central Pa. region on behalf of Frank Pinola and Richard Sills and Im sure all the folks from all over the Northeast in attendance we wish to thank Vince Taliano of the Potomac region and all his members for wonderful hospitality and an extrodinary show. Thanks to all whose hard work made it possible.   Thanks so much        Art

Vince Taliano #13852

Thanks Art to you and everyone else who came from all over the East Coast to make this a true extravaganza. To give you a sense of the scope of the event, our last six awards went to people from six different states.   I have been getting emails since Sunday night from people who attended.  Below is a sample:

What a great day it was! The weather was perfect and again the VFR AND THE RRR REGIONS did manage to walk away with not only awards but a lot of new friends to add to our list of traveling buddies. Thanks for all of the hard work that you do for the Potomac Region.

Barbara & Bud, Mike & Vicki and all the other members of the VFR and RRR

This show was the best of the best and in many cases better than a Grand National!!

Thanks for all you hard work in putting together a SHOW OF SHOWS.

Bob Crimmins
Manalapan, NJ

I just want to congratulate you and everyone who had a part in producing one of the best shows Ive attended in quite a while. I was there early, and it seemed to me that everyone was very well organized, and looking forward to a great day. Im proud to be a member of such a fine club.

Thank you all for everything you do to make us all welcome.

Don Miller
Malvern, PA

Great show, as usual!!

Dan Reed
Hamburg, PA
http://www.danreedillustration.com TARGET=_blank>www.danreedillustration.com  

Id like to thank you again for all of your hospitality yesterday during the show. The weather held out beautifully, and the crowd was fantastic. Well look forward to writing up the story for Hemmings Classic Car magazine, and Ill be in touch!

Mark McCourt
Associate Editor
Hemmings Motor News

I heard that you guys out did yourselves today, and had the mother of all Cadillac shows.

Cant wait to see the photos!

Cory Correll
Buick Club of America
Metro Area Chapter

I am proud to have been part of that SPECTACULAR Show!

Thanks for all your time and effort.  With all those other beautiful and historic cars there, I feel fortunate to have been able to participate, let alone compete.

Bob Applegate
Rockville, MD

JIM CLC # 15000

0-23-06
VINCE
Sounds like you and your guys put on "one hell of a good show". To bad I live on the west coast and could not attend. Just finisted admireing Dan Reeds art work. If I could only draw like that. In all honestly, B&W would suit me just find.
Good Luck,JIM

Art#22010

Yes Jim, it was all of that and more. Hopefully some pictures will be posted soon.  Art

Vince Taliano #13852

A few members who were taking pictures at the show are mailing me CDs with their shots.  I will let everyone know when I get them sorted and posted on our website.  Thanks.

Vince Taliano #13852

Pat Caruso was at the show and took some great pictures that he has posted on the Raritan River Regions website.  If you havent seen Pats work before, check out his website and youll see why he is the only two-time CLC Webmaster Awards winner.  

Thanks Pat.

http://www.rrrclc.org/06_Potomac_CapCad.htm TARGET=_blank>http://www.rrrclc.org/06_Potomac_CapCad.htm

Jack McClow CLC #15840

Its been a week since the Eldorado Extravaganza ...... Im still re-living the entire day ........ what a great event.  Thanks to Vince Taliano and his crew for putting together a great show ...... and Id like to offer a special thanks to Daniel Jobe, third generation owner of Capiol Cadillac, who turned over his entire dealership, and a number of his support staff, to the Potomac Region CLC to use for this event as he has done for many years in the past.  Mr. Jobe cleared out his entire showroom, all of his surrounding display lots, and his service departments entrance area so that over 100 classic Cadillacs could be displayed and viewed in style ....... hes a true fan of the hobby, and a really great guy.  These semi-annual events are getting better and better every year ......... if youve never been to one, do yourself a favor and plan to attend the next show scheduled for the spring of 2007.