News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1967 DeVille questions

Started by Thomas Barnard - CLC#21538, December 04, 2006, 11:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Barnard - CLC#21538

I recently bought a 1967 DeVille convertible and I am hoping to have the upholstery redone.  I was wondering if any other 1967 DeVille owners can tell me if they know of any company that sells the correct perforated leather for this car?

I am also looking for a restoration company in New Jersey, ideally in the southern part of state or maybe on the Pennsylvania side of the Delaware River(Metro Philly).  I was wondering if anyone can recommend a restoration company who does quality restoration work on these cars?

Thanks for your time and attention devoted to my inquiry.

Jerry

Jenkins Interiors
(336) 667-4282
Ask for "Hill"
102 Chestnut Street
North Wilkesboro, NC  28659

Good stuff; not cheap.

Richard Sills - CLC #936

Contact the Valley Forge Region of the CLC for suggestions about who does good restoration work in the South Jersey / Philadelphia metro area.  I am sure the members of that region will have good recommendations.

Thomas Barnard - CLC#21538

I want to thank you both for your replies, Jerry and Richard.

I sent Mr. Jenkins an e-mail and hopefully hell get back to me with a price.

I will try to contact someone over in the Valley Forge Region.  Hopefully they will know someone who is good at restoring these cars.

William Somerville

Hello Thomas,

I hope this finds you well. I was curious if you were able to locate a reputable restoration company in the southern New Jersey area for your 67 Deville. I also reside in the SNJ area and own a 67 DVC.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Regards,

William Somerville
CLC #17201

Thomas Barnard

Hello Williiam,

I had the car towed down from Metro NYC in January, 2007 to a local guy who is a mechanic and body shop person who likes to restore older 1960's muscle cars.      He was going to take care of the car's mechanical issues, then take the bright work off so I can have the car shipped to Paulsboro to have it glass bead blasted and primed.  Afterwards, the car would be shipped back to this man for finishing.

Unfortunately, this project is moving at a snail's pace, mostly due to his staffing issues, and he's still working on mechanical issues with the car.  I was hoping to have this car restored by the end of July/early August and it doesn't appear this objective will be met.  I am thinking about hiring another company to remove the bright work, prior to being shipped to Paulsboro for glass bead plasting/priming and having it shipped back for finishing.

I ended up ordering a hide of perforated leather along with vinyl for the door panels from SMS Fabrics and they both look great.   These will be installed by a local upholstery shop who will be installing my carpet and new convertible top.  I am hoping all works out okay with this part of the project.

Sincerely,

Tom Barnard
CLC#21538